Favorite Brokers?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Flatbed_reefer_madness, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Flatbed_reefer_madness

Flatbed_reefer_madness Bobtail Member

May 22, 2017
    Hey gang, wondering who your favorite brokers are?

Who takes care of you the best, who has the best customer service, etc...

Always wanted to get the board's opinion on this topic...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Carl, Fred, Kendra, Rick are some of the best, good rates, well organized and know their customers.

DUNE-T, Gunner75, TallJoe and 4 others Thank this.
  4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    My favorite? The ones I don't have to deal with.

Big_D409, Tug Toy and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    The ones that call you knowing exactly what they are looking for and they know that you have it because you post yourself accurately and often.

TallJoe, DieselDrivinDaddy and Tug Toy Thank this.
  6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The ones that give me the steady good rates I want and only communicate by email or text. Then they ask when I can pick it up and deliver it and make the appointments for me. I send updates the same way - email or text. Email or snail mail (rare) the paperwork. Check comes to the house. Easy.

Ask for Mike

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  7. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    I have noticed huge increase in this. They have no idea what it is, where its going, type of securment, or what it measures but wants you best price. I gave a price 2 weeks ago of 975.00 on 38 mile trip up in your area. Broker said its a coil. I asked what kind, he said idk. I asked what way does it load, he said idk. I asked how many, again idk. Then asked me to quote it the "worst case situation." He took the 975.00 to the customer and was turned down!

whoopNride and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  8. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Don't you hate that, the IDK's. I don't waste my time with them, I tell them to call me back if you find out. Click!!

9. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Ch Robinson , I do 80 % of my loads with them . I recently ran into a scheduling conflict on a Coyote load and the broker was a good dude and was on phone with receiver getting things straightened out . We talked for a few minutes and he said most drivers blow up and #### goes down hill , he was relieved we could work it out no issues .
    Given the good experiences I have had remember to keep your guard up and ask all the right questions pertaining to the load and pu and dropoff times .

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    We do most of our lapds through CH Robinson and Echo. There's a guy named Rob with Echo I like the best. I developed a nice rapport with him. He's one of the few brokers that actually understand how trucking works. His loads are very easy to run, and not stressful at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.