FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    Several years ago I had the displeasure of being stuck on the side of the road in an International with a third of a tank in the passenger side tank and none in the driver’s side. Rare, but it happens.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    As a company driver kinda in a similar boat. Previous job is trying to get me to come back. Made an impressive W-2 there, probably better than here, but the net just wasn’t as good as I am getting here. Granted, my benefits haven’t started yet, but I’ve gone from netting 8-900 a week, with a bit over a thousand on a really good week to well over a thousand every week, a lot over on good weeks. My benefits here are much cheaper so even when they kick in I’m looking at $78 a week plus 401k, where at the old place it was about $416 plus $401k every two weeks.
    They’ve done a raise in the last month so it might be closer now but I definitely have put more in the bank every week since I came over.

4. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I had that happen in an old 379 Pete once. Right at a curve at the top of a hill in the mountains on I-5 with no place to pull over... not one of my fonder trucking memories!

rokue, YardMule89, DonRobbie and 3 others Thank this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I bet you learned all kind of new skills during your time on The Rock. Did you meet any safe crackers? I have an old fire safe I lost the code for.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Making small piles from big piles. That chain gang is one tough group.

M22 rockcrusher and bzinger Thank this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Yup, all adds up to more money in your pocket… even if you have to pay taxes on said money.

no matter, we are glad you blessed us with your presence here.

DonRobbie, M22 rockcrusher and bzinger Thank this.
  8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Na.. besides, we all know I don't play well with others!... figured it best to go to work, lay low and serve my time.... and invest in plenty of soap on a rope!:biggrin_25523:

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, that soap on a rope probably a good investment. Hate to have your fine reputation tarnished in anyway.

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Well had a little mix up regarding home time this time around but as normal FCC pulled together and made a solution.

To be honest, was partly my fault.

Having a new DM I should have checked and double checked especially during this transition between DMs…

but everything has been more or less flowing so smoothly here lately (except for truck equipment issues lately) I have just be enjoying the view and got a bit complacent… lol

Stay Safe

11. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted