FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    I usually do menards loads to the store there from shelby ia but this time its tires from des moines. 1st time ive done this run.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Yep. It was 1415. Nope. Waiting on the part. Will have to make a return trip. Was getting a TV installed too. That happened!

4. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    I didnt know they had tvs. I need to get a new one. Mine is breaking on the back. I was the one who dropped my trl by yours right b4 u left.

5. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    No, I bought one at the Petro in York NE and had the shop put it in. My wife now wants satellite or at least look into one. "But, but, but, dear what about the dish tv at home you don't watch since you're on the road with me?"

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Left the house this morning, bounced down to Sumter to pick up a load going to Broken Bow, Nebraska for a drop Monday. I’m going to have to swing through Fremont and put the truck in the shop to get a code looked at, something to do with dpf system.

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  7. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Well it took over 2 million miles but I finally hit a deer this morning. Coming across I64 this morning about 0500 I’m in the granny lane cruising along about 72mph, a milk tanker is passing me in the hammer lane, his trailer tandems are about at my drivers door. A deer comes off the right shoulder headed towards the truck passing me, I kick the cruise off anticipating the tanker to make an erratic move, the deer gets to the zipper and makes an abrupt u turn, now he’s headed straight towards my front end, I take the shoulder, and the deer runs between our trucks. I thought I missed him completely, but later when I stopped for fuel I noticed the damage on my driver side reset fairing. I guess it could have been worse if I had hit him straight on.

Attached Files:

ncmickey Thanks this.
  8. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I'm not a big fan of making erratic movements to avoid a deer strike (not saying that's what you did) but moving to the shoulder turned out to be a good decision in this case. My guess is that fairing/skirt won't be very expensive or time consuming to fix.

On the other hand, one of my friends recently hit a deer on the driver's side. Impacted the hood fender area between the steer tire and the headlight on a 2019 Cascadia. According to him, about $7000 in damage and a little over a week off to get it fixed. Good thing it happened not too far from his home as he spent that time off at his house instead of a motel.

Rugerfan and runningman0661 Thank this.
  9. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I have always thought I would just hold the lane and take the impact, but not really any traffic beside the guy passing on my left and the shoulder seemed to be my best option. I will go into safety tomorrow morning and see if it’s on video.

gntorres61 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  10. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Currently at the Detroit dealer in Omaha, took the truck to our shop they did a service, replaced the DPF filter, but couldn’t get the engine code to disappear. Might be the wiring harness going to the 1 box.

Talked with safety and saw the deer strike on video. All things considered they feel like going onto the shoulder to avoid front end and hood damage was the best option.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  11. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I miss spoke on an earlier post concerning the SE fleet. I guess I misinterpreted my conversation with Mike, our head recruiter, They aren’t completely shutting down that fleet, just sending drivers farther out if the SE to pad their miles. Sorry for the misleading information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.