FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Taking a reset in Barstow, deliver this load Monday in Ontario, and reload 16 miles away going to Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Well, I didn't hit anything. My def tank came loose, probably bumps in the road, no dents on the tank anywhere. So dropped my first stop, in Plano IL (Menards) after a five hour wait. I was so glad to get outta there I forgot NOT to seal the trailer before letting the cute girl with a bad attitude check my trailer. "You need to learn how to read!" she moaned. I drove off muttering a certain C word AFTER I pulled away from her shack. Shame. Cute girl hating her job that much. Not a people person to be sure.

Anyway, drop and hook for tomorrow in Shelby IA since these folks wasted my time. Got to Davenport IA at the Loves and got treated to a Blue Angels practice session as I was parking.

Then onto Fremont for an overdue maintenance on Monday.

4. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    So I got empty in Ontario this morning about 0830, I was originally planned to live load 17 miles away at 1300, but instead of waiting 4 hours they took that load off of me, and had me run 24 miles to pick up a preloaded trailer going to Norfolk, Nebraska for Wednesday afternoon. Works for me.

5. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Sent to Blair, NE for a load to Commerce GA, which I will drop tomorrow, then boogie to our Dalton GA dropyard to Four Oaks NC hopefully all the same day. I 285 ain't gonna see me tomorrow. I would rather cross GA 20 between I 75 and I 85. Then, presumably, home for the 4th. Happy 4th!

Crusader66 and runningman0661 Thank this.
  6. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Delivered in Norfolk, Nebraska this afternoon, it was a nice light load out of California, I ran across I70 and averaged 8.7 MPG for the trip. I deadheaded to Aurora, Nebraska and picked up a preloaded trailer going to Harrisonville, Mo. for a drop tomorrow. Then I will go back to our drop yard In KCMO and pick up a two stop load going to Arkansas for Friday.

7. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Well, things didn't quite work out like I had wanted. I was supposed to pickup my home load at the Dalton GA drop yard, but by the time I got there, the gate was locked. Called dispatch for a new gate code but that gate is broken stuck and I could not budge it to roll it open. I used to be able to open it. Since I am not buff like Runningman, my feeble attempts to open the gate went unanswered. Called dispatch again. Apparently, we have no after hour/holiday contact number. Doing an unscheduled 34 at the Pilot in Dalton. Sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug. Guess what I am now? Still, I cannot leave a Becton Dickinson load o u t here. They are, I believe, our best customer.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  8. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    There is always someone in dispatch, even on holidays. Dial the main number hit zero or 115

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  9. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    No, I meant no contact for someone at the Dalton yard to come out and get the gate unstuck. I was able to reach dispatch by phone and qualcomm.

Crusader66 and runningman0661 Thank this.
  10. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Kicked off both stops this morning before 1000, bounced down to Memphis to pick up a load going to Hastings, Nebraska for Monday morning. Then I will go over to Holdrege, Nebraska and pick up a preloaded trailer going to Four Oaks, NC for a drop.

One thing I can say about FCC, if you stay out over a holiday they will keep you moving.

11. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    In Council Bluffs getting a few things taken care of on the truck and getting the trailer serviced. I blew a shock the other day, thought about getting them all replaced in Grand Island, but they wanted to charge $400 in labor, so I just got the bad shock replaced. Having the remaining rear shocks replaced, a bad clutch switch replaced, and my air tank drain line broke the other day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.