FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    WDenny, welcome to FCC. I live in NE North Carolina and I stay out between 2-3 weeks and come home 2-4 days. I NEVER get refused or snide remarks. I think you will FCC quite accomodating. Of course we all know hometime shreds paychecks. Best of luck to you.

George

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2020
    Reason for edit: truck #
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    So after I finish this round trip from Carolina to Nebraska and back, headed to Rockingham NC to pickup roll paper (said too much already) headed to Fort Wayne IN. A shorter run to squeeze in (pun intended) before pay period ends. I like it like that!

Vic Firth, runningman0661 and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. wdenny07

wdenny07 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2020
    I appreciate It and appreciate your response.

5. wdenny07

wdenny07 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2020
    Hey brother I thank you and I appreciate your response and yeah I always overthink road tests, even after 7 years of driving I still get freaked out having to do a road test for some reason.

6. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Relax, the road test here is quite routine. They are just checking competency. The hardest thing for me was the physical test. I passed it, but I was gassed. Of course I was 57, 75 lbs overweight and outta shape. Lifting 50 lbs to waist and shoulder was the hardest thing. Since I have been here (around 18 months) I have only had one load I had to handle with help from another driver (thank God). The customer was loading several reefer units onto our trailers with a forklift, and with pallet jack we would turn them around in the trailer so the front of the unit was facing out the back door. This was at a railyard in Janesville WI. When we finished, I drove down the road for an hour, stopped at a Loves for lunch, and then took a nap. Of course we were paid. FCC wants no touch loads so this was a rare occurence.

7. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Hi there!
    I'm kinda like the new kid in the block and I just want to also welcome you and confirm what Runningman and George have answered you.
    A little while back I wrote this and I think is a good opportunity to continue writing what has been my experience with FCC...
    Chapter#4 D.OT. Medical evaluation and FCC road test. To be continued.
    Continuation...

D.O.T. Medical evaluation.
    At some point during orientation you will go and get your D.O.T. Medical evaluation done. I don’t know if FCC sends drivers always to the same doctor located at Omaha. But if you get sent towards that direction here is a word of advice from me a 59 year old (Young puppy... LoL...Me).

The doctor at this place is a 82 year old man! And when you see him... he looks like only 57.
    He goes to the gym twice a week .His strong as an ox and has a very sharp mind! When you speak to him answer all his questions very respectfully! Do not answer in a sarcastic tone thinking that he is silly!
    He is the doctor and he has a reason why he is asking the questions!
    Do not underestimate him because of his age he is a very professional doctor that knows what he is doing!
    Note: Relax! Nothing to be worried about!
    When you speak with him answer in a respectful way!
    Yes sir. No sir and thank you sir! And by approaching or working with him in that kind of attitude 30 minutes later you will be all done with your papers in your hands! The physical exam is a piece of cake!

FCC road test.
    You will meet the director of safety Mr. Brian.
    He was a driver/ Owner operator with many years of experience. He’s a great person very friendly and helpful! He was the one that took me out for the road test.

Note: Again relax! The Road test is a piece of cake!
    Mr. Brain wants you to succeed! He will make you feel comfortable and help you throughout your whole Process! Ain’t that great!
    Word of advice again!
    Just don’t come with a John Wayne attitude thinking that because you have 100 years of driving experience that he cannot show you how to do a pre- trip! Follow what he says! And before you know it your road test will be done!

Chapter#5 DM, Load planners and miles. So far so good! I continue to be very impressed with FCC. In a couple of months... Yes I said months! I will write about DM, load planners and miles. I want to get in a couple of months the experience of how things work. ;)

Finfn1372, Rollr4872, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. dbarr580

dbarr580 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Wdenny living in ft worth you should be home every weekend. Most of the time its about 36 hours or so. But if you need more time try and let dispatch know and they usually will accomadate you. We have plenty of customers in the DFW area. I've been on the SW fleet a little over 2 years and on average get plenty of miles and home every weekend.

runningman0661 and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  9. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Got here a day early on my Fort Wayne load so sat at the Flying J in New Haven IN. Deliver this morning and reload here headed to Omaha for Thursday morning. Too bad, could have delivered this evening and finished with 4100 plus miles on this paycheck but alas I am down to 14 hours on my 70 so.......

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Dropped in Plainfield Monday morning, bounced over to Crawfordsville, Indiana and live loaded a load coming back to Omaha for a live unload.

Currently sitting at the Detroit dealer in Omaha waiting to get my truck looked at, it started throwing a code a couple days ago, SPN 5444 FMI 1 (crank case pressure) these Detroit’s have a type of oil bypass system built into them, it looks like that’s where the issue is. They had me on a load from Lincoln to Georgia, but pulled me off that load until my trucks fixed.

11. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    So an update, Detroit of Omaha had me in and and in 3 hours. Truck was still overdue for a service, so I brought it to Council Bluffs for a service, and got the APU repaired. I will be hooking to a trailer here, headed to Plant City, Florida for a Friday delivery.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.