FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. tony97905

tony97905 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Land of Ahhhhhs
    Gotcha....yep hooked up my radio, need to find out if it's OK to mount my SkipShooter antenna.....still have the mirror mount I had on my other truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cobrawastaken

Cobrawastaken Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    Yeah they do clean the trucks up pretty good. When I got in the spare truck while mine is being fixed it had 480k miles and it didn't look brand new in the interior but it looked pretty close to it. Everything works too. Can't tell you how many times I got into an older truck at Swift that had different things in the interior broken.

4. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    How about the choice of either manual or automatic, is that realistic? Are there only certain makes of trucks they have manuals in, or do they have both in various trucks?

5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    They will give you a choice of transmission based on availability. I'm not sure if they have autos and manuals in all makes or not. Someone else will come along and answer that.

MidWest_MacDaddy, Crusader66 and BigR Thank this.
  6. Jduncan183

Jduncan183 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2020
    That was one of the first things they asked me when I came there in March, I got the manual I wanted and it was in a new freightliner

7. Cobrawastaken

Cobrawastaken Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    Don't quote me on this but I think they have manuals of Freightliner, Kenworth, and Peterbilt, so most of their fleet. Of the few Volvos they have, I don't know. Probably autos but it doesn't really matter because good luck getting one lol.

BigR, RStewart and Crusader66 Thank this.
  8. gsmith2332

gsmith2332 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    OKC
    I’m slated to be in Fremont week after this week for orientation. My recruiter asked me if I wanted a manual or automatic. I told him doesn’t matter to me which. After being approved a year ago and having to put it off until now, I’m looking forward to finally working for FCC. I figure I’ll be through the house a decent amount of time being I only live 3 miles east of the petro in okc I35 and I40.

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, I’m of the understanding no new Volvo’s coming into the fleet.

BigR and Crusader66 Thank this.
  10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Congratulations, it will be well worth the wait.

11. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    While I was waiting for a new truck, I noticed a new Volvo roll in and I said “I’ll take it”. I was told the company had already purchased and promised those trucks, otherwise they will NEVER buy them again! I said okey dokey, the Kenworth will work. Apparently the dealers are too far apart and it’s too hard when they break down...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.