FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Ok gang, my turn. Last Friday 1035am, I, too was in an accident on I 80 east when I hit a large patch of ice behind (at the 416 mile mark) two other drivers and actually hit the first truck after the second truck had hit him just moments before I did. My wife was with me riding shotgun. Tried to countersteer to no avail. Got sucked like a magnet to his Volvo with an Amerifreight trailer. That guy was looking around as I spun toward him. He got out of the way and injuries were spared. You probably saw it on the video that safety sent.
    The wrecker wenched my truck and trailer away from his and told me to drive it to the Cenex at the 420 which I did. They said they would tow it later as they were backed up with calls all over the region.
    Nightfall hits and I knew they wouldn't be back. They came Saturday at 11am. One for the tractor, one for the trailer which look like a can opener got the passenger side corner exposing some flooring for Menards.
    So wifey and I rode with the wrecker guy to KW of Omaha body shop near Gretna. Got there at noon. Too late to rent a car, and couldnt get a cab out there, either. Had to wait until 530pm when the shop closed for the week and the supervisor gave us a ride to the Holiday Inn Express on the other side of that exit. No wonder a cabbie didnt want that fare. Spent all weekend there, worried I'd lose my job, but no. Basically, they wished I had parked it, but told me I had done a great job for them. So, job safe for now. Watched some training videos. Don't know if you can watch enough of those. On my way home with load to Four Oaks NC in a different tractor. Next time, if its cold, windy and falling from the sky, not gonna be the hero.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    The one thing I won't forget is the way safety department treated me. As if it was a non preventable even though We all know it WAS PREVENTABLE! Always said FCC HAS A GREAT CULTURE HERE!

4. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Oh and by the way, none of us were given citations.

5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    @runningman0661 & @gntorres61

wow, as mentioned above, the most important thing is that no one was hurt. Trucks can be repaired... cargo can be replaced... but we don’t need yet another Driver Photo on the window in Safety.

Glad to hear Safety handled it well and both are still employed here, etc.

Again, glad you are both safe.

and maybe the rest of us can learn from it too.

Vic Firth, mitrucker, xlsdraw and 2 others Thank this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Nothing you haul is worth getting into an accident especially this time of year with winter road road conditions.. better to get there late than never to get there..

7. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    That's the idea! I thought it wouldn't happen to me, but now that it has, it can't happen AGAIN! The roads went from good to very poor instantly.

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    So sorry to hear this Jason. Be thankful no one else was involved and you were able to walk away. This is the one thing that could happen to any one of us. Praying that you are able to shake this off and continue on for the next 25 years.

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    George, equipment and freight can be replaced, we can’t. Sorry to hear about this, but thankful you and your wife are fine.

10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Thanks brother, my hopes of reaching your level of safe driving are gone. Good luck with the student, if you can’t help him no one can.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    This is exactly why I stopped for 1.5 hours the other morning. I don’t possess the skills you do, and probably never will. Dark, freezing rain, and empty placarded trailer don’t mix.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.