FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Me neither.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Never. Now I know where to find gate codes!

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  4. dbarr580

dbarr580 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2018
    I'll agree with you on detention pay. As a o/o I've had to argue like hell to get detention pay out of FCC.

5. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    In 15 months, I’ve never waited more than 4 hours but once, and I was given detention without asking. With FCC the vans are lots of D&H so it’s kinda apples and oranges. I find it humorous that the flatbed is not getting the detention, but they claim they pull skateboards because of the loading and unloading ease!! It’s ALL give and take and developing a rapport with customers and co-workers and that takes time and effort.

6. dbarr580

dbarr580 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2018
    I've been in the south central VAN devision for over 3 years. I've turned in detention numerous times. Was here over 2 years before I received any detention pay. The last one was $12 for waiting at Crete for over 13 hours waiting on load. I don't even bother turning it in anymore.

7. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Crete is usually a massive #### show. Last time I was there, it took me an hour and a half for a drop and hook. There were trucks lined up three wide against the fence from the gate to the scale waiting on live loads.

8. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN

Well, on my back haul from Four Oaks, I got a load out of Apex NC , and sat there from 10:20a until 6:45p. My DM said to note my detention on the bills. So hopefully they come through. Kinda sucked being my 2nd load, but it is what it is.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  9. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    To continue my journey, dropped my load from Apex at the Home Depot DC in Joliet, and headed up the road for a broker load out of Chicago, actually not a bad spot, right off of 55. Going to Omaha for tomorrow, I can imagine I’ll DH to Fremont to grab a flatbed.

10. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    @MidWest_MacDaddy
    Finally after more than 4 years since Abilene M.E. we meet at Council Bluff terminal. It was very good to speak with you! Sorry I had to leave fast... I had to pick up a load going to Georgia for a delivery tomorrow. Maybe next time will have my older brother... good Old George with us!:D

11. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Pulled into the house about an hour ago. Home for the next 5 days, but it will be a busy hone time. Meet with the CPA to get the taxes done, two VA appointments, and then were making a quick run to Virginia Beach to see our daughter and her family before they head off to San Diego for three years. It will be her last duty station in the Navy and then she can retire at 38. Be safe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.