FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    4am roll out is good. Especially on recaps, for me at least. Get where you need to be. And for the most part shut down shortly after lunch.

Ive re-entered the realm of recaps and could have made it to customer today, but trying to balance the greater good and trying to keep days equal.

Also, stacked palletized stone is my new least favorite. The shipper uses the cheapest store brand Saran Wrap. This thing could use a tarp to contain the rocks (dinner plate to end-table sized, 1” thick pieces)

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I try to avoid recap hours but sometimes it just doesn’t work out. I had a couple light duty days behind me (sometimes I prefer light duty days to being parked in a truck stop for 34) and a lot of time parked waiting to get loaded/unloaded so it all worked out... now I have three very solid days of recap coming round so it will feel like regular clocks until I take a day off this weekend to visit my mom in Illinois.

Modlite11 Thanks this.
  4. Modlite11

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    9 more days til home time :eek:

5. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Yikes. I feel for you guys that stay out for weeks at a time. 5 days in a Freightliner is enough for me.

BigR and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I’d be curious to know the ratio of regional (home weekly) to OTR (not home weekly) driver mix here at FCC. I live in an area that Regional isn’t an option but I assume most drivers here at FCC are Regional. But I don’t know for sure.

7. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Amen to that!

8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    So far, with the few drivers I've met here, either at shippers/truck stops/ or one of the terminals getting a pm done, or swapped loads with on the road, seems to be a split, I've met OTR, SW Regional and Midwest Regional

9. Modlite11

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    *flatbed*

Deliver my load of stacked stone in Roca NE this morning after sleeping at the Pilot in CB, not one customer was at the receiver waiving any denomination of money. So this load could have waited a day and gave me a 34.

But moving on, pick up another load of granite slabs in Lincoln going to Eagan MN for a next day deliver (sitting in Eagan now).

It’s not been the norm for me this week, short hauls back to back to back, with another short preplan. Pick up block or brick tomorrow in Shakopee MN going to Omaha.

These short runs have dropped my avg length of haul some (I’ve been tracking for you guys)

10. Modlite11

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    Dropped my load of block in Omaha this afternoon instead of tomorrow. DM tells me after unloading I can head up to Fremont.

No preplan as of now. But was able to PC to Walmart and grab some groceries and ordered some dinner from Senor Tequila.

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Dang it... I just got back to the Yard in Fremont myself. I would have joined you for Senior Tequila... I ran to Lincoln to meet my friend and his family for Ice Cream instead.

Had a rather short day myself. Dropped in Sioux City this morning then picked up a load of Honey and brought it to Fremont. My load that is getting me to Paris for my day off the truck wasn’t going to be ready until morning so I had the afternoon to get the truck washed and a shop visit, swing by safety to see if they needed to slap my hand for anything, and then headed to Lincoln.

so I had a rather relaxing half day off the truck before leaving out with my load heading to home time... lol

but this will be my last day(s) off this month so I’ll be ready to roll out Sunday heading to Alabama.

gntorres61 and runningman0661 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.