FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Loner2legs

Loner2legs Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2019
    I put my own CB antenna set up on my truck to fix that issue and also I am running a $ 450.00 dollar CB in my truck because I like to shoot skip and talk on SSB

Bumper and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Loner2legs

Apr 15, 2019
    MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. Loner2legs

Apr 15, 2019
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    What brand of truck are you in? Might get lucky and have the same fix for both units.

6. Loner2legs

Apr 15, 2019
    Freightliner

7. The Kraut

The Kraut Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Go to Sapp Bros in Council Bluffs, there's a great guy with a small truck at the south end of the parking lot, don't remember his name, sorry. Been there with a brand new Freightliner, he got me a door/mirror mount and my CB worked perfect after he checked everything, can highly recommend!

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Thanks... kind of hoping we can get the factory option working first on this one year old truck before I go hanging equipment right next to them. But that might have to be a second option if it’s too big an issue to fix.

I don’t use the CB very often but it does come in dang handy at times. And a one way radio is helpful but not ideal... lol

9. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    one of the new freightliners

10. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    *”flatbed”*

Talked to DM today, my load from Brownwood TX (plastic pipe) can be dropped in Valley NE tomorrow.

I have hometime set for Thursday PM - Monday PM. The flatbed load I was planned on isn’t going to be ready, so back to pulling a box.

So tomorrow. Dropping trailer in Valley. Then bobtail to Omaha for some retail fixtures for Summerville SC for 8am Monday. Looks like I’ll be leaving out Sunday night instead of Monday night :mad:

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Got booted off the parking area behind a scale in Southern Illinois last night... I was the only one parked there which I thought was strange, and there was the normal “no overnight parking” signage but I’ve parked at scales in Illinois before so I parked...

within 20 minutes “Knick knock knock”

scale officer nicely letting me know to move along... we chat a bit... he said I can park on the on ramp from the scale to the interstate... I asked “they would rather me be sitting on the active ramp instead of the nice huge parking lot... “yup”

I asked, I’ve stayed at scales in Illinois several times, is this a State issue or just this scale... yup, just an issue at that scale... guess they didn’t like dirty truckers on their lot tossing trash everywhere... which I can’t say doesn’t happen, we are our own worst enemy in that area for sure.

so I can check “booted off a scale parking” off my trucking bucket list... lol

cdavis188, JoeyJunk, trucknguy and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.