FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not from Ohio but I do drive to Dayton and then on US35 quite often. Others here run further north I think.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BDT6472

BDT6472 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2021
    I live in Dayton. Have you ever picked up or delivered around here?

4. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    No lol, they would definitely put a stop to that after a while

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  5. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I don't know why on Earth anyone would want to forgo their bonus for that anyways. It's really not that big a deal. And the bonus is a pretty nice check every 3 months. If fueling where you want to is really that important to you you should probably look into buying your own truck... I mean sure, there are times where I would rather fuel at different places that are more convenient, ECT. But at the end of the day, they are the one paying for it not me, and besides, I'm still getting my points and free showers no matter where it is anyways

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  6. Michael1771

Michael1771 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Some drivers would prefer to fill once a day but it sounds like they can adjust the fuel stops if needed. So if it says 50 gallons and you just fill it you'll get docked for it? Another reason would be the logging time to to fuel more than once a day. Are you required to log the full 15 minutes to fuel or can you put like 8 minutes if you did it in 8 ? Another thing for the cat scales does the company link the app to there fuel card? How many gallons do the trucks hold BigR?

7. Michael1771

Aug 23, 2021
    Either way I'm pumped to come over here after talking to several of you. Can wait to meet you guys on the road after I start in a few weeks. What are you guys paying for health insurance for a single and what's the deductable?

8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Yes you are required to be on duty when fueling, no particular length of time just the time it takes. I would imagine all the trucks are probably different as far as different makes and the size of Tanks mine holds 240 gallon. As for the whole 50-gallon thing you are way way overthinking this dude it really isn't that big of a deal and doesn't happen that often. And, once you get to know your truck and how far you can go on a tank of fuel you can always skip a fuel stop. You just can't add one or fill it if it only says 50 or 75 gallons or something like that. There will be many times when it kicks out of fuel solution but you actually have enough fuel to make it all the way to where you are going. If that's the case you can just skip the stop. Once you get your next dispatch you will get another fuel solution or, if you are in an area where you get one of the stops with 50 gallons if you know you have enough fuel to make it to the next fuel stop you can skip that one see what I mean?

Michael1771 Thanks this.
  9. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    You can ask HR that in orientation, I don't remember. It's not that expensive though

MidWest_MacDaddy and Michael1771 Thank this.
  10. Michael1771

Aug 23, 2021
    Well I can't ask for much more I have nothing more to ask really. I'll let you guys know when I'll be coming in.

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Good question.
    I’m inquiring.

cdavis188 and BeHereNow97 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.