FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    I’m sitting on I-80 in Wyoming on a closed freeway. Not sure I’m up for another winter of moronic drivers in the snow. Drivers are so pathetic now, chains aren’t an option, they just shut it down. The ONLY good thing about my days at Marten was their hazardous weather pay. These shut downs are expensive!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Well, that’s certainly no fun.

But, the good news, if they shut down, they shouldn’t be blocking the Interstates.

a very wise driver once told me “chains are for getting out of trouble; not for getting into trouble”… :)

dwells40 Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Oh, and speaking of chains, I guess FCC modified who are getting chains vs socks.

OTR keep their chains.
    Others depends on what region they run as to if they get chains, socks, or, like Midwest Region, not required to carry either.

I might just buy a set of socks and, with permission, take these rusty chains off my truck. Yup, I am one of those pathetic drivers mentioned above and certainly don’t intend to use either, if at all possible. :)

dwells40 Thanks this.
  5. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Chains to me are another tool in the box. I’ve thrown chains at least twice a year for over thirty years. These days most drivers I encounter could not install chains even to get out of trouble.

6. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    I asked about socks and was told if I needed to use them then I would have to keep my chains. Someone has them thinking they are single use and then thrown away. I’ve worked places that used them and if they aren’t run on bare pavement they are reusable especially if you can find a hose or water and rinse out the grime. So is old guys that actually chain up get the sore backs…

7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    You don’t even want to hear the training session on “Chains and Winter Driving” when I was in CDL School…

but that was in South Florida… LOL

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Yup, I heard the “single use” claim too. I have no knowledge on the topic to have an opinion.

ya, this seat is giving my back enough issues as is… not looking to aggravate it more by tossing iron.

well, my load to HD Joliet just came over the QC so I’m rolling.

Stay Safe!!!

dwells40 Thanks this.
  9. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Happy trails. That HD is great when they have M/T’s. Quick

MidWest_MacDaddy and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well used to be able to drive across 80 in Wyoming even with the snowing and getting across it might’ve taken a little bit longer but drivers got a cross with no problem nowadays you have absolute idiotic morons who think drive and 70+ miles an hour on snow and ice is perfectly fine and dandy and they don’t understand why they’re end up in a ditch or blocking the highway when they wreck…

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I’m having lunch in my truck at the TA in Hurricane West Virginia. Making my last delivery with this company tonight in Fredericksburg PA and turning in the truck in New Jersey tomorrow. Then a 500 mile rental car ride home. A few days off and then on to my new and last trucking adventure.

JohnBoy and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.