FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    89A0770D-498C-48D6-B4CA-34BAD714EC7A.png

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    It took FOREVER to get around it. They had the left shoulder flowing until one too many folks stopped for a selfie and the young LEO shut us all down. Then had to wait for DOT to show up with cones, then FD to arrive, finally they put it out like 90 minutes later and we were still sitting. Why? Who knows. The wrecker was on-site before most so I think he just happened by and offered to block traffic.

Met a couple nice bikers.

Driver got out. Crying in the ditch but will live to tell the tale.

48Packard Thanks this.
  4. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Saw one burn up on Monday right before you got to Monteagle going wb. Dryvan with dog food something like that. Driver was able to dolly down and unhook. Sat there forever since people don't know how to zipper and came over at the last minute. Got about an hour up the road and blew a tire lol. #### mondays

MidWest_MacDaddy and motocross25 Thank this.
  5. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Funny thing is, DEF/SCR has nothing to do with it. It's the particulate filter that is the culprit. Before the DPF it was usually an electrical fault or a dragging brake that was the suspect. Hell... going down the road, even the DPF is unlikely to actually get hot enough to cause issues, considering all the airflow around it at speed.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  6. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Silverdriver Thanks this.
  7. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I was looking for one. Had a friend tell me that there is also a microwave that has Air Fryer function… I haven’t received or seen one.
    How is that Air Fryer been working for you?… Easy to clean?

8. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    I’ll let you know, it’s on its way. Love the one at home, but it’s much bigger.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  9. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Been awhile since I have been on here. Got put on six month probation for improper lane change almost hitting a car and forced them into a construction barrel grazing it causing minor cosmetic damage (drivers side mirror). Our new safety guy, Trey called me into his office and put me on probation.
    I said, "the only thing I can say in my defense, is that all your trucks have blind spot monitors, front end collision monitor and other safety equipment EXCEPT MINE. Crickets.
    Next, new dispatcher, Andrew. He knew I needed to be home June 16 because my grandaughter was graduating high school this weekend along with a party that I wanted to be there for. Monday, I was to pick up a load at noon at Quickie in Lumberton NC to go to Topeka Home Depot. "Oh your appointment is not until 8pm. Uh, ok thanks."
    Thankfully FCC did not have me wait the 8 hours in near 100 degree heat. An hour later they got me another load from Hood Container in Winston Salem to Romeoville IL for Wed delivery. Me thinking they will swap me out with a home load. Nope, nothing going that way. I deliver and rationalize I could still make home by Friday if they got me an eastbound load. A day late but could still salvage the graduation as I plan a day earlier than the day I had to be home.
    Nope, I get a load from West Chicago to Valley NE. I call back and plead with Andrew "you gotta get me swapped out." His reply, "my hands are tied." Now, Andrew is a pretty good guy, and I am thinking he is in over his head and with me being on probation, I am thinking I had better do this load. So I bite down hard and do it. I rationalized in my mind that it is a conspiracy by FCC.
    Well I had planned to give notice, even bought a plane ticket for 12 days out to leave FCC. I deliver the load and head to Fremont to write a letter of resignation, and explained to the office staff what I was doing and why. The ladies all say it is a misunderstanding and to talk to Tyson, "please talk to Tyson!" OK. Now, I realize that maybe they don't want me to leave and my conspiracy theory is shot down. Tyson smoothed it over and since I don't have anything lined up, I have decided to stay (for the time being), cancelled my flight home.
    But, between my probation and this colossal failure to get me home, still not home as I write this, but headed home this afternoon, I sleep with one eye open.

10. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Things are definitely different than when we started. Good luck.

11. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    BTW, what exactly is their idea of probation?

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.