FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    And let there be miles, Amen!!:)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    You're a brave man brother lol, no way I could take the wife along full time. A short trip every now and then would be fine, but I'm too sit in my ways and don't like stopping more than I have to and losing productivity. Hell, that's why I haven't taken one of our Chihuahuas with me yet. I don't think my 700+ mile days would be fair to her, even though All they do is sleep, dogs still need to get out every few hours, it's hard for them to pee in a cup lol.... I couldn't imagine being on the road more than a few days with the wife, there's just not enough room back there for 2 people full time. More power to y'all if you're able to pull it off. You have my respect sir.

4. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    I tell my wife I worry less When she's at home than when she's with me. She fell tripping over an uneven walkway at Dale Indiana rest area back
    the end of April. Separated her shoulder. Rehab set me back a few grand. Not enough room in the truck. When I am working, I'd rather be alone.

cdavis188, BigR, mitrucker and 2 others Thank this.
  5. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Dropped my load at HD Topeka, dead head 25 miles to Lawrence for a short hop to Fremont, but ran out of time as I am running on recap. Stopped at the Lawrence KS service plaza. Too early to go home so I guess I will do short hauls in the region for the weekend and then grab my home load Monday. Wish I could do a roundtrip to Texas or something similar.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  6. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Yeah I know. But I was just a comment about how far we come since the earlier year's.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Normal limit has been 2-3 hours but today we made it 4.5 hours before a required potty stop. I might make a trucker out of her after all. Well, it’s a start… lol

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I wanna see someone training a dog to do that… LOL

Thanks for the chuckle

BigR Thanks this.
  9. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Not trying to start a fight or be rude (I don't want to come off the wrong way over the internet :) ) but you guys really should be trying to get out of the truck every 2-3 hours. I've never understood why so many truck drivers want to drive for such long stretches without getting out and taking breaks. Your risk for blood clots (which can kill you) goes up exponentially when you're just sitting still for so long. Drink water and stay hydrated and get out and stretch every 2-3 hours. 4 hours is the absolute maximum that I'll drive without stopping for a bathroom break and to get out and stretch my legs and that's only when things go wrong (like getting stuck in an hour long traffic jam in Atlanta or something).

Hell, if I'm on a great stretch like I-80 in Iowa then I'll get out of every 45 minutes or so since there's so many rest areas on that stretch.

I would imagine if any of you spoke to your personal doctor, that they would recommend you guys get out and stretch your legs every couple of hours as well.

With all due respect Midwest, I think your wife has it right with getting out of the truck every 2-3 hours. Stay healthy guys, reduce the risk for blood clots and get out and stretch.

cdavis188, RebelChick and InTooDeep Thank this.
  10. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Be careful…. I have seen a video of a dog standing on its forelegs with his joint hanging over a toilet bowl… and he was hitting the target too.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ok so my turn to tell stories about a fuel island event.

Several weeks back I pull up to fuel. To my left was a Truck parked as usual. As I was walking back from starting the passenger side tank I notice two ladies in the truck with their feet up on the dash and no hose fueling the truck. And another driver parked behind them waiting to fuel. All lanes were full as well.

So, I proceeded to, I thought politely, mention to the passenger that if they were done fueling there was another Driver behind them. (Mostly like an FYI and I’m sure you didn’t notice approach)

WOW, the words I heard flying out of her mouth… while I am never offended at bad language, I certainly think there’s a time and place for it… but she obviously didn’t… LOL

I responded, not mad just matter of fact… “hey if you wish to be rude that’s totally up to you” and continued to complete my fill.

Then after a few minutes I noticed the truck pulling up so they must have thought about it and opted to pull forward.

THEN IT HAPPENED…

Driver comes walking around the tail of the truck heading in my direction so I opted to meet her half way…

She was not happy that I stuck my nose in other peoples business blah blah blah mind my own business blah blah blah she can park where she wants blah blah blah that’s how people get hurt blah blah blah…

I let her finish kind of and then raised my voice just a bit, not quite to her level but enough to convey a bit of serious assertiveness.

“you do realize I simply brought to your attention that another Driver was waiting to fuel at your island and I noticed you did move but whatever” and turned turn the driver fueling and asked him to “back it up that she wanted her parking spot back” and walked away.

She walked into the C Store.

Kind of envisioned ending up on a viral video clip of Driver on Driver Violence or something… lol … she probably could of taken me… LOL

Freaking nut jobs out here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.