FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Here comes the df camera

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Mine either, so I buy baggy clothes… Oh, you meant something else

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ain’t happening. :p

M22 rockcrusher Thanks this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Some hill outside Ringgold… 10 days ago but I suspect it was actually Chattanooga. First day back after 2W5D off with the Truck at the Dealership. Coming out, We BT to Ringgold to grab a load heading to Iowa and was just underway.

If I remember correctly, #### hill snuck up on me and I didn’t yet have my engine brakes set like I normally do so them ponies were a running before I got them whoa’d … lol

I was having a good time with the Safety Lady that called me. Telling her “well that’s impossible as we are governed at 68” and “shop tells us we have to let these engines stretch their legs now and then to blow the carbon out of the carburetor” “I was scheduled tight and was trying to get back on schedule” “poor planning from Fremont” etc etc etc (all in good fun of course)

But my better half was concerned that I might have come off a bit too cavalier and nonchalant about it since “safety called me”.

so I called her back later in the day to tell her what my wife thought etc and that if I did, I was only having fun with it etc. she said she totally got it at the time and enjoyed that at least I wasn’t mad and yelling at her like other Drivers

(PSA: come on guys, don’t yell at Safety!!! They have a job to do too)

Aaannndddd… She did think it was funny that I got chewed out by two ladies in one day… LOL … ya thanks :)

As to speed, well I now know the upper limit of when to expect a phone call… ;-)

stay safe!!! :)

cdavis188, BigR, 48Packard and 3 others Thank this.
  6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    First call from safety in 2.5 years, that’s pretty good if you ask me. Enjoy the time with the wife and be safe.

BigR and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I need to clarify. First call for a moving safety issue. I’ve been contacted about HOS issues.

Im getting forgetful in my old age.

BigR Thanks this.
  8. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Well, I didn't get short hops to tie me over for the weekend. Instead, a pickup at S. Sioux City MR going to eh, Albukoykee and load back from same. Made it Flying J in Tucumcari. Just missed you by a day, Runningman!

9. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    If we run across each other, I owe you dinner.

10. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    Do they pay you for bobtail and empty miles?

11. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    If they send you there, bobtail, loaded or empty, the rate is the same. I have been dispatched empty for hundreds of Miles before to pick up my next load. The longest I can remember clearly was From where I delivered in the Orlando area to pick up in two places around Miami, FL

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.