FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Me neither…pisses me off…these slobs are ruining it for everyone….too lazy to use the trash cans and too lazy to bring to carts backnto the corral..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    It’s Smithfield, they don’t care about the bill and yes they will be billed

4. YardMule89

YardMule89 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2021
    I stopped at Ogallala, NE Wal-Mart one evening in their dirt parking lot and rounded up I don't know how many carts and took them back. An employee did thank me, but the driver who saw what I was doing and then proceeded to leave his cart beside his truck as he left is one of the reasons this happens I'm sure.

5. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2020
    You ever watch cart narcs on utube its hilarious

6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    We have seen our enemy, and it is us. A few worthless POS ruin it for the others of us that do things right. That’s why when I see someone throwing trash, urine bombs, or peeing next to their truck in a parking lot, I call them out and basically tell them they are the reason places like Walmart don’t want us parking in their lot.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  7. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Dropped at Menards in Eau Claire yesterday afternoon, I only had 4 hours left on my 70 so taking a reset. I will roll out about 0130, go back to Menards and pick up a loaded trailer going back to Valley, Nebraska for a drop.

Ran in about 300 miles of ice fog yesterday from Fremont into Minnesota. They roads and bridges stayed in fairly good shape, but had to stop twice and clean the grill off so the old girl could breathe.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Well, hopes of a quick repair and roll were dashed Friday when they were installing the “main part” which was in stock and discovered they didn’t have some of the nuts n bolts parts to complete repair in stock. So they are supposed to be received at some point today… time will tell.

It kind of all worked out for the weekend. While I was supposed to be taking Home Time in Central Illinois on Sat/Sun, I ended up heading to Lincoln to visit friends and their kids instead. Actually more relaxing n many ways. LOL

So I’ll head to the Dealer here at some point to check in and see if I’m staying in Lincoln for another night or hopefully rolling.

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    And I must say again how much I appreciate the guys in breakdown here at FCC. (Shane, Matthew, Glen) Probably one of the more frustrating things that can happen out here for a Driver, and unlike the Drivers, they deal with and juggle each and every issue out here. They keep us in the loop and I’ve never had issues with them getting me to the best Solution sooner than later.

There are several good things here at FCC and Breakdown is one of them. We don’t have issues every day but when we do I know I’m in good hands.

10. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2020
    You brakedown alot don't cha

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So grabbed the Truck last night and headed to the Yard for the night to grab a Load this morning.

On the way to the Yard, engine light came on and a couple different odd messages. Had the Shop look at it this morning and I guess there were a few missing nuts n bolts that was probably tripping whatever code they were seeing…

So back to the Dealership I go.

They had it fixed quickly but when I went to leave, the engine light was still on… LOL

Turns out they replaced the nuts n bolts but wasn’t aware of the light and codes issue… LOL

But on my way here I grabbed some fresh doughnuts so I made a few drivers in the lounge happy for a few minutes. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.