Fed Ex Ground SLC, not surprised but wow!

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by USMC 3531, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Or anywhere else.

Snailexpress and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Exactly right. Those kind of under-the-table kick-backs was one of the reason we got completely away from our refers and dry vans.
    It's not new, either. In one form or another it's been going on for years.
    Does my heart good to see somebody getting busted for it.

4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    And to avoid criminal charges for bribing you need to register as a lobbyist. Then you can achieve your goals legally.

5. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    That seems a bit excessive to fire a guy for that. FedEx Freight has quite a reputation for that stuff. Every time things get a little stricter at my place you hear drivers grumble that we're getting more and more like FedEx Freight.

I've even heard a story of a very high up management guy saying that they didn't want to get overly punitive about driver discipline because they didn't want to turn the company into FedEx Freight.

6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I've heard so many stories of our drivers doing messed up stuff and still keeping their job, it doesn't seem like driver discipline is very punitive at all. It's the people who try to make others do something unsafe that gets you into trouble, and I absolutely respect that.

7. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    Funny thing is you have to go through FedEx hiring process. It took me and my brother 3 weeks to get cleared out of Nashville.

We had a truck ran 80. When they cut them back I left. Most contractors want to pay peanuts.

Guy I ran for was Indian. Brand new truck but had his Indian curtains hanging from top windshield. 4 day turn to Cali only 1450 gross no benefits.

I will say it was one of the easier jobs I ever had. Even switching to hub close to my house and running solo. FXG was cake. Just don't pay

FlaSwampRat, USMC 3531 and McUzi Thank this.
  8. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Agreed. I’ve been told since the beginning here, that we all screw up, but be up front about it and learn from it.

My experience in the company has Ben nothing but positive in how management treats drivers. However, as a driver, the quickest way I can think of to get myself in a position to be fired is to go into management. Those people don’t get paid nearly enough for the headache they deal with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.