fed ex layoffs..

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by latanea, Feb 8, 2009.

1. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    a fed ex driver here in Cincy told me that they laid off 900 drivers yesterday -

looking for official news story - will post link when I find it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
  4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Who would expected this after DHL pulled out ? What about FedEx Ground ? FedEx Express probably has a drop in business for the same reasons as USPS . More documents are being faxed and e-mailed .

5. FSTrucker

FSTrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    new york,new york
    They can endure the ''reality'' of being a ''trucker'' and not a steering wheel holder....lol,lol

This is only the beginning of our ''tough'' times ahaed.People need to come down from living ''large'' and there ''ego'' trips,they have developed over the course of many years.And come back to reality of the ''working stiffs'' that made AMERICA...

The times ahead are not for the ''weak'' its gonna be for the ''survivers'' and the strong..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  6. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    While NO job loss/layoff is good news, I am afraid we are gonna see more and more of it...wages will be brought back in "line" and then things will even out a bit.....everything comes full circle in the end.

FSTrucker Thanks this.
  7. FSTrucker

FSTrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    new york,new york
    Again it is going to be ''survival'' and no more ''freebies'' no more non hard workers and it will weed out the the cry babies who don't wanna work hard for the money they have.

And if they dont like it ,tuff crap.We will find someone who will work ''hard'' and does not have a mental illness of ''ENTITLEMENT''..OR ''YOU OWE ME'' MENTALITY..

I own 10 trucks and 8 trailers and i have had to ''cut back''.In the process i lost 3 drivers due to there''entitlement'' attitude.

Well sad to see them go but i did replace them and we are running full force for now.But they did not like the changes because they were ''spoiled'' and so they left.Well they are screaming for job back and posistion is filled.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.