FedEx driver sprays man w/ fire extinguisher defending flag

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by CasanovaCruiser, Jan 28, 2017.

1. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I personally applaud this driver and especially FedEx for standing behind his actions.

When I first heard about this story my reaction was to assume that the driver would lose his job over this. I was shocked to read that he would he keep his job.

It is technically your right to burn the flag. It isn't illegal, but it is incredibly disrespectful and ignorant. Many men have given all defending our flag, these protesters need to recognize that.
    God bless America. I count this one as a win.

Story here:
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/27/fedex-driver-saves-flag-burning-protest-iowa

drvrtech77, wore out and pattyj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    The CEO of FedEx is a former Marine. I'm not shocked in the slightest.

4. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    I'm happy as all get out about this man's actions. But I'm not so willing to jump on the Fed Ex band wagon as they didn't announce their support of him until after the wave of social media did in a big way. By announcing there support of their employee I mean they posted that they wouldn't change his employment status. They waited to see which way public support went before they made that announcement.

chalupa Thanks this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    And now the driver could get cited for not having a fully charged fire extinguisher

Dharok, LGarrison and arrogant steve Thank this.
  6. Ke6gwf

Ke6gwf Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Napa Valley /Yreka CA
    The side of the story not talked about, is that he stole someone else's property, and possibly assaulted them...

I know that is easy to get lost in the pride of protecting the flag, but part of what the flag stands for is not depriving people of their possessions without due process, as well as the right to free speech, including speech against the flag and country.

(and speech against the country is very common here, especially over on the elogs thread ;) lol)

7. TA1199

TA1199 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Staten Island, NY
    Let's be clear. This Driver is on the hot seat. FEDEX will #### with him until he ####s up and they will fire him for any little think they can get him on. FEDEX has a strict policy about voicing political positions while preforming work for FEDEX. . All Employees, Contractors, and employees of contractors have to agree and adhere to this policy.

8. pearcetrucking

pearcetrucking Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Gainesville, FL 48states
    Meanwhile, carnage caused by fedex on America's highways will continue unabated....
    Yay Fedex......

9. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    Why does it not surprise me you're from California ke6gwf? Spoken like a true liberal.

10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    So anyone who believes in the US constitution is wrong?
    Or should the constitution only be followed if it suits you?

11. Ke6gwf

Ke6gwf Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Napa Valley /Yreka CA
    Ya, it is pretty common for people to believe that the Constitution, and freedom in general, only applies to them and their beliefs...
    That the only "right" way to be an American, is be just like them, and anyone else is not deserving of freedom, or any respect, or worst of all, the honor of looking at their position without prejudice, to see what they really believe and why.

It however is so much easier to just label and demonize and stereotype!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.