Fedex Freight, Applying Different State

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Apr 14, 2016.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    No HR person ever gets back to me. I read elsewhere on here about going directly to docks, going to start doing it anyway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Starting off on the docks is a good way to get your foot in the door, so maybe apply for both dockworker and city driver to better your chances. Fed Ex Freight promotes at lot from within, especially if your moving from P&D to linehaul. And usually it can take over a month before someone gets back to you, because as I mentioned before, a lot of people want to work for Fed Ex or UPS, and usually the guy with the most experience, or someone who has done LTL before gets the job.

speedyk Thanks this.
  4. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    I started line haul runs right after I went through apprentice program. On the road every night (5 nights) and drive 300 miles a night. Depending on vias, 545 miles for the night.

speedyk Thanks this.
  5. kuggie101

kuggie101 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Sarasota, Florida
    Im interested in your experience with fedex freight, message me!

6. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Yep i have work here at fedex freight for 12 years it will take about 30 days then after the interview and road test it takes anthor 30 days to start driving. Paper work, videos and so on. But worth it.the last three drivers here were dock hands and just heard there training another dock hand starting next month.

7. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    Sorry for coming in late...where are you relocating to? Former FedEx Freight driver of 18 years with a lot of friends that still work there.

speedyk Thanks this.
  8. kbello24

kbello24 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    What is top rate pay at the mile for line haul? Thinking of moving out of state and trying for fedex freight

9. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    I think its 61cents mile!

10. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    It will vary state by state, depending on cost of living matrix. In Washington state, top pay is .65/mile, .70 for triples.

11. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Keep in mind they tend to do a ton of dock work, especially at the bottom of the board. A couple drivers came to my company from there. Both did short hops to a hub and worked 5-6 hrs on the dock before returning.

JReding Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.