Fedex Ground Linehaul Contractor Pay Is Absolutely Insane!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Brandonva804, Jul 8, 2021.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Contractors kinda have no choice to raise pay. Too many trucking jobs out there.

I work for a guy I run a p&d and a last cut line haul. Home every day. Brand new sleeper to lay around. I work 12-13 hour days but half my night is laying around waiting for my loads.

27.50 hour plus I get a 200$ weekly bonus. I float around 2k week gross.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Whereabouts in the country is that?.

If I can gross close to $2K a week and not have to share trucks with nasty drivers I would consider giving up OTR.

Have yet to find that in South Florida though.

CorsairFanboy and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    here you can borrow this
    sarcasm.gif

5. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

I’m in Midwest. Like I said each contractor is different. Some are fair some are not.

call Estes express. Go run the extra board. .74 cents a mile sleep in hotels. 5 out 2 home with a 6 figure income. Once you get some seniority you can get a bid run home everyday making the same pay.

6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Thanks. Estes is only hiring P&D in my area and even so they didn't want to hire me because I don't have prior P&D experience. Years of OTR experience and a clean license doesn't count for much there. :rolleyes:

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    That P&D can be brutal from what I hear. At my age, I'll take OTR. 4 more years and I'm hanging up the keys and going home to be GRANDPA!

8. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I always thought some places would be willing to train. Of course I tried getting on with RAC transport out here in Clovis and got squat. Of course they did hire someone with zip for experience and fresh out of school.

With my work slowing down and my reluctance to do what I would consider "rookie over the road running", looks like I'm finally having to give up the ghost and leave this area after nearly a decade. Deal with a bigger city and its own set of headaches and other life-span shortening issues.

dwells40 and Redtwin Thank this.
  9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Several weeks with a trainer and a year of OTR isn't a death sentence ffs. Suck it up and open some doors for yourself. "Home Daily" and " Home Weekends" ain't all it's cracked up to be", especially for a rookie. Why is it that everybody thinks they should start at the top these days?

jason6541 and Dennixx Thank this.
  10. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Excuse you. I've been driving tankers for nine years now and got the dry van/reefer driving in for two years before that. I ain't "sucking anything up". Put my training time in already and don't need to go and do that "irregular 48 state garbage" since I already did it.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It may not be a death sentence, but it isn't mandatory either. I didn't do it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who hasn't.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.