Fedex Ground Linehaul Contractor Pay Is Absolutely Insane!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Brandonva804, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    A buddy of mine runs out of Vegas. He set it up that way purposely. Runs 488 miles one direction, Drop trailer, hooks another one....drives about 120 miles towards the return trip, takes a 10 hour break gets up and finishes it off and then he’s off for a day while he spends the night in Las Vegas having a good time. Sleeps in the next day gets up and does it again. Makes $1660-$1680 a week take home and gets to play in Vegas every other #### day. I’m envious! Lol

not sure what the ghosts are or how they got there. Lol

Attached Files:

dwells40 and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    That's pretty much what the terminal manager told me during the interview. He has had too many OTR drivers quit when they were hired to do P&D.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I did it for three years before getting sold on a wonderful life in LTL.

Hired at Yellow, laid off after two years.

Hired at ABF, concession contract that destroyed the job after three years.

We'll see if I can eek out a retirement at this new place before the snorting and drooling hell billionaires find out.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  5. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    I don’t miss LTL lol. Didn’t hurt my feelings to turn down Dayton. I couldn’t imagine Yellow or ABF

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  6. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    @bentstrider83 . I apologize for not having the full context of your post. Didn't realize you were an experienced driver. I went off of the first sentence of your post. Thought you were a new CDL holder. Again, my apologies!:oops:

Redtwin, bentstrider83 and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I'm just PMS'y because I'm contemplating a job search, apartment/house search, and had a motorcycle a stolen two weeks ago that I'm probably never getting back. One can only wander the streets in their underwear hunting the bike down for so long before ending up in the cuckoos nest.

LtlAnonymous and Dockbumper Thank this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    That's what me grandmum always used to say.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  9. Switcher

Switcher Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Wow I had no idea Fedex contractors had this flexibility. I'd love to work M-F 9-5 and gross $1000+ each week.

10. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Depends on the dudes run and how large he is. My guy runs 7 days a week 50 trucks. Runs p&d all day and line haul at night. He will hire you and let you work what you want pretty much

11. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Inland Express out of Salt Lake City.
    Up to .65 cpm on a 2,500 miles per driver dedicated TEAM run.
    $1,625 per week.
    M-F
    Pick up FedEx trailers at 2am drive to Kimball NE, swap trailers and switch drivers then drive back to SLC. Get there around 10pm or so wait to 2am and do it again.

They have showers at the yard.

They will do second chances so they will work with people who have had an accident.

My wife and I did this for a week and she decided it was not for her. It's not a easy run but the pay wasn't bad. Back and forth on 80 then down Parlays Canyon was to much for her.

@Chinatown this would be good for someone who needed a second chance in the SLC area or someone who wanted to get into doubles.

bentstrider83 and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.