Felon Friendly CDL and Hot Shot Jobs in Texas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by NEWCDLGUY49, Apr 6, 2024.

1. NEWCDLGUY49

NEWCDLGUY49 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2024
    Texas
    I recently obtained my CDL Class A on March 6th 2024, and have been having trouble getting a job in the trucking industry due to 2 charges that I have on my background. 1 is a Class A Misdemeanor , Convicted - Offense: Assault Causes Bodily Injury Family Member, January 29th, 2021 and a 2nd Degree Felony , Deferred Judgment - Offense: Aggravated Assault With/Deadly Weapon , January 29th, 2021 (Fire Arm) and probation for 60 months . Does anyone know of any trucking/hotshot companies that will take a chance and hire me with those 2 charges? I'm also located in Texas around Frisco and Denton area. please LMK

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
  4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    It's probably a long shot -- but....because of your location....you might also try Western Dairy Transport:

https://www.wdtmilk.com/careers

This will be a food-grade tanker job. You will need the tanker CDL endorsement for this -- but that endorsement is easy to get.

If you can -- go tanker! Very few drivers who do....later regret it.

-- L

silverspur Thanks this.
  5. NEWCDLGUY49

Apr 6, 2024
    Texas
    Yes I recently filled out an application with Western Express , just waiting on a response. I've applied to C.R. England, Brown Transportation, PAM Transport, Knight Transportation, Swift Transportation, Stevens Transport, Schneider, US Express, May Trucking, C.W.D. , Waste Connections, Republic Services , CRST Trucking and DHL. Ive been denied by the majority once we get to the background questions due to my felony charge and it being in the deferred judgment/ pending status . At this point I'm willing to take anything, I'm just trying to get a better job so I can feed my family .

6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    May Trucking & Stevens Transport have a history of hiring former felons.

The others you've listed....not so sure about.

A good chunk of your problem is just the new driver CDL job market.

It's pretty bad out there right now, anyway.

-- L

NEWCDLGUY49 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    NEWCDLGUY49 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think Western Express will hire you.

NEWCDLGUY49 Thanks this.
  9. NEWCDLGUY49

Apr 6, 2024
    Texas
    Yea I got denied by May Trucking , probably because a number of factors , the severity of my felony , how recent - 3 yrs ago and the fact that its in deferred judgment/ pending and I'm still on probation for it , I got 2 more years before it falls into dismissed status. I applied for Stevens transportation earlier today , I'm sure ill here back from them by Monday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.