Felon Friendly CDL and Hot Shot Jobs in Texas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by NEWCDLGUY49, Apr 6, 2024.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    You need to get written permission from your probation officer that they will allow you to travel on probation. Nobody is going to hire you when they find out you're still legally tied to the courts. You can't have that as a truck driver. No company wants to deal with that. They'll just toss you aside and move onto the next person.

You will need, in writing, a document from your probation office allowing you unrestricted interstate travel. Not many will give that so I doubt you would be able to be a truck driver right now. Your charges are also violent in nature, again, trucking companies are worried about covering their butts. Not hiring people like you is how they do that, unfortunately.

I got turned down by Swift and CRST because of a then 15 year old non violent felony. It didn't turn up in my background check, but I mentioned it on the app so it wouldn't shock them later if they found out. I applied to Swift only as a joke, but was interesting to find out they turned me down over it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NEWCDLGUY49

NEWCDLGUY49 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2024
    Texas
    Yes, I Have gotten permission to travel for work , but it doesn't matter , I Have applied to alot more jobs but no one will take me due to my record . I just need 1 chance with a company so I can get my experience and ill stick with it until my felony gets dismissed. I only have 18 months left of probation and then its a dismissed felony .

4. NEWCDLGUY49

Apr 6, 2024
    Texas
    Unfortunately not . They told me they don't have much for new drivers moving out of Texas.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Go to the oilfields of Midland and Odessa, they are always hiring.

RomTon Thanks this.
  6. NEWCDLGUY49

Apr 6, 2024
    Texas
    where do I apply . Im also restricted to automatic transmission.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Most oil field trucks are stick shift.
    ~
    Probably find work with a 1099 outfit; most out of Chicago area.
    About us - Super Ego Holding

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Also look into:

• May Trucking
    • Millis Transfer
    Both have a history of hiring criminal backgrounds on a case-by-case basis.

-- L

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Facebook and Craigslist have trucker pages and jobs for drivers. Lots of 1099 jobs on those.

10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Some good news: while most of the rest of the freight market is in (or close to) the crapper -- I would submit that Texas is indeed one of the better places to currently look for a CDL job.

LOTS of freight there to be moved....

-- L

11. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    If you have issues controlling yourself than you might want to rethink trucking… it’s stressful and it will tickle your feelings quite often…. Idiots on the road and truck stops… make sure you can handle it before you get in before you get yourself into ever more trouble. you might not like this kind of an answer but it’s the truth. Many people get themselves in trouble because they can’t deal with certain situations.

RomTon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.