FFE/AEL/Lisa Motor lines. What do you know?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Grinnbearit, Dec 4, 2007.

  1. wolfy7203

    wolfy7203 Light Load Member

    293
    113
    Aug 26, 2007
    Northern Florida
    0
    I have worked for FFE for about 6 months now. All in all, I guess it is ok. I would say about 60% of their dispatchers couldnt care less whether you live or die..........while the other 40% are top notch. The problem is that when you really need to talk to a dispatcher chances are you are gonna get a hold of one of those 60%. They will keep you running though, that is for sure. With the exception being the great state of Texas for some reason, I never sit for more then I would say 6 hours without a load unless i am in Texas. I really hate going to Texas, it seems like they have way too many trucks sitting there and when you do start getting loads you will go through 3 or 4 rail drops before you get out of there, and you are not making any money while you are doing them. You have to really keep on them for extra pay on anything. Just recently it took 3 days of me asking and asking before they finally came through with 2 layovers that they owed me. When you go to s ahipper or reciever and sit all day (which happens alot) you are not making any money. These are mainly problems with the trucking industry in general though........not specifically FFE. Getting home can be a problem sometimes depending on where you live. And if you are thinking about going through training there........be prepared for some of the worst nightmares you can imagine. While in training, you basically learn how YOU can make an owner operator money with the bonus being some road experience. I could write a book about my training there...I was never in the service, but I would think that boot camp is better then their training. But, I guess in the end I came out all right, and I am much happier now. Like I said before, the big problems with FFE are some of the same problems you will find at any of the other big companies. If you can put up with their occasional mood swinging dispatchers you will enjoy and they will keep you making money if you arent in Texas. I guess this should have gone in the company DAC report section, but there just isnt one for FFE, wonder why that is....hmmmmmm:biggrin_25525:
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. HardHeadJr

    HardHeadJr <strong>"Lone Rider"</strong>

    21
    1
    Feb 17, 2008
    Here and There U.S.A.
    0
    I know as of now all trucks are 65 not matter if you are FFE, Lisa, or American Eagle. Lease trucks are 70 and owner ops, aka you own ur own truck and brought it there are up to you.

    As for wolfy,
    Here are the names you want to talk to

    Michael Turner
    Kenny Scott

    Those 2 are the best dispatchers they have, and they will work with you. When you call Lancaster and the automated message comes in say truckload custmer service and ask for either one of them when someone picks up. However, if its the night or weekends u may have a problem. Although I know that Michael Turner works some weekends.
     
  4. ToiletDuck071

    ToiletDuck071 Bobtail Member

    15
    1
    Feb 24, 2008
    Snyder, TX
    0
    Michael Turner
    Kenny Scott

    Those two were there when I was there back 4-5 years ago, and they had the reputation for being FFE's driver-friendly dispatchers. I agree with you on that, HardHeadJr. Funny, how a couple names really ring a bell. Especially good folks. We always seem to remember the bad ones right off hand.

    At Lisa, they had the good & the bad. Good: Jeff Fisher, Nathan, & Scott. Bad: Owen (little man's syndrome). I heard Owen had since moved to recruiting and is now long gone.

    Lisa's Fleet Managers were all descent. Sam Willingham & DC could rub people the wrong way, but I heard DC has passed away & Sam Willingham is back in a truck as an owner/op. Lynn is still there & so is Trish Willingham, both very personable.
     
  5. northstarfire0693

    northstarfire0693 Medium Load Member

    599
    144
    Jul 1, 2006
    0
    I worked at Lisa from 99-03 Sorry to hear about DC, Your not kidding about Owen. Jeff and Scott were great. Nathan kicked ###....GOOD PEOPLE. So sam went back to his own truck, anyone know what happened to JJ.
     
  6. northstarfire0693

    northstarfire0693 Medium Load Member

    599
    144
    Jul 1, 2006
    0
    Forgot about Trish...She was cool. I remember when her daughter had the baby.
     
  7. ToiletDuck071

    ToiletDuck071 Bobtail Member

    15
    1
    Feb 24, 2008
    Snyder, TX
    0
    When I was there, Trish was in recruiting, but has since moved to Fleet Manager. At least, that's what I heard. And Trish's daughter would clean offices when I was there.

    JJ was there when I stopped in about 2 years ago. He cut his teeth out at Robert Heath in Lubbock. He's been around trucking for ages. One of the best Lisa had, if you ask me.

    Lynn was still there, too. She had been a fleet manager for quite some time from what everyone told me.
     
  8. LML

    LML Bobtail Member

    3
    0
    Mar 23, 2008
    FW,TX
    0
    JJ is still there as well as Trish, Nathan, Jeff, Lynn, Scott, Mark and Angela.

    Company trucks are at 65 mph and Lisa does still have regional drivers.





     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted