FFE from orientation to solo fleet.

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by BJnobear, Oct 17, 2011.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    My crackberry double posted. Well we are getting a load to Denver. WoooHooo!!!!! No northeast yet. Some more info, I really don't like these Century tractors. Kinda cramped, and the Detroit 14L is castrated to the point of stupidity. But it only has 65k on the clock. Opti Idle sucks worse than the pulling power.

I hope the DD-15 in the new Cascadias pulls better. Oh well more later.

4. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Recap for the first week. Met up with my trainer in Baton Rouge, deadheaded to Theodore, AL went to Sclyuga, AL then to the yard at Lancaster, dropped. Went to Laredo then to Denver and back to Laredo! Then to Fort Worth, and BACK TO FRACKING LAREDO!!!!!!

Now I sit at the conoco on the west side of Green River, UT. We deliver in Clearfield and then head to Idaho. If we go back to Laredo, I am gonna blow a fuse....

5. TruckerMike

TruckerMike Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Chicago
    What's wrong with Laredo?

No offense man, but every post seems to have a complaint.

- FFE will have to answer to me
    - I've got a bad feeling about this
    - What have I gotten myself into
    - Orientation sucks
    - Opti-idle sucks
    - Truck Stop WiFi sucks
    - Pulling power sucks
    - Crackberry sucks
    - Laredo sucks

...And on and on.

Trucking is an incredibly fun lifestyle! No, it's not glamorous. And yes, it's loud, dirty, hot, cold, and we don't get the amenities everyone else who lives at home gets. And yes, orientation is a cluster at every company.

But trucking is great! There's no other job like it! You get to see every corner of this country, drive a huge expensive and heavy warehouse on wheels, meet some awesome people, and occasionally party your butt off while on a restart (I've partied hard in Vegas and Nashville many times). If you're not having fun out there, you might want to reconsider what you're doing.

So far I haven't read anything you've said that indicates FFE is a bad company. Most of your complaints are... well... Your own complaints about the lifestyle. FFE doesn't owe you anything and you're not entitled to anything. You're new and haven't proven anything to them. Work hard, don't complain, and try to enjoy every moment of this incredibly unique life (in spite of the weather, where you are in the country, if the truck is broke, traffic conditions, etc.). If you do that, you can't help but succeed.

I hope you're not taking this as a personal attack. I'm telling you this because surviving in trucking is all about attitude. If you're getting aggravated because you're going to Laredo, TX for the third time in a week, you're going to have a very short and miserable career my friend. If I was sent to Laredo for a third time in one week, my personal reaction would be, "great!"

Try to have fun, dude!

Oaker, spat and nolookingback Thank this.
  6. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Sorry for not updating this recently, I kno how I would feel.. nevermind..

ANYWAYS!!!

I had to get a wisdom tooth pulled. I am still in pain waiting, since I left Lancaster back on the 7th... And FFE is telling me to get healthy and come back. :biggrin_2551:

I have never see this.... a trucking company that cares...

is it really about me or is it about the retention level of FMCSA?

Or am I reading WAY too Much into this?

Anyways, this company is not a problem child as I have seen, I just do not like the reliance on US highways, since they are subject to local idiocy like the Carlsbad, NM stupidity...
    **** THAT!!!! I-25 would have been better...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  7. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL

THis...
    You have captured trucking in less than a basic paragraph! It is not th e company, just the routing...
    :biggrin_25525:

Anyways, I hope this thread will get more involved in what really runs thie world. US Truck drivers...

Dam I need a girlfriend...

8. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Well still at the house, on a few slugs of painkiller. The extraction went bad, and I was awake for it all! Great dentist, no pain just a lot of cracking and drilling. I am still having nightmares!

FEE is still good with it, but I wont be back on the road until next week at the earliest...

Just thought I should update this.

9. Stevejun1986

Stevejun1986 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Hey! Where'd ya go? Back on the road yet?:biggrin_2556:

10. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Not back on the road. Had a bad cancer scare with my mother. Kinda got me thinking about life and all. If FFE will take me back, and credit the two weeks I was with James leaving 4 to go I will go back. If not, I'll owe em 3200 and try someone else.

Seems just when I get a head of steam and am en-route, the boiler blows up in my face. Oh well, I guess that is life. It's said somewhere that God wont ever dump more life on you than you can handle. I think I have weathered this storm known as Christmas 2011 pretty well. Ear & dental issues personally, a cancer scare with mom and Wednesday is the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death.

That more than anything is weighing heavily on me. We were supposed to have moved back to Tennessee already, but things just didn't pan out. I haven't even been able to visit his grave since we left January 2nd.

Things have to get better...right?:biggrin_2554:

11. DANGER

DANGER Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Bellaire, MI
    I am going to drivers academy for FFE in 13 days. I just want to say that I look forward to being a trucker. and that I believe that if you live your life as if you have no great expectations and are thankful for what life hands you then you will get along fine. I want to be a truck driver because I like living simple. I do not have any family that might heaven forbid "die off" all I have is a dog and a horse. The dog will go with me and the horse is at a fancy smancy stable that tends to his every need. I dont eat much and I dont have expensive taste. Living simple I believe is the key. I am in good health and ready for the challenge. I hope you figure out what your doing with your life.

DANGER

LadyJo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.