FFE from orientation to solo fleet.

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by BJnobear, Oct 17, 2011.

1. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Well its official. I got he default notice in the mail and a "Don't call us..." letter. This has been the second worst Christmas season I ever had. The first was last year when Dad passed. I'm not going to get mad and lay blame anywhere, it just didn't work out like so many things in life.

Well, I'd better get to looking for a new job, first calls are gonna be to Wiley and May.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Just when you think all hope is lost. My recruiter called me back to see how things were going and if I were enjoeing the job. He had no idea what had transpired. He sent a re-hire request in and told me to get with him Tuesday the 10th.

Talk about a bolt from the blue! Stay tuned this might still happen! (fingers and toes crossed!)

123456 Thanks this.
  4. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    OK looks like i will fly to KDAL on the 22nd, and get back to it on the 23rd. Time to get my stuff together again. Perhaps this time things will go more as planned?

5. Jayhop

Jayhop Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Mosquero, NM
    I would love to hear an update... from both BJnobear and Danger about how things are going. I am seriously considering FFE training academy... and from what I have seen so far.... they are not the best company... but far from the worst...

6. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    I had to leave the road again due to my mothers deteriorating medical condition. I would LOVE to go back out with FFE, but with my mom getting bad, it is just not possible right now.

FFE Academy is a great place to start, give em a year and find a better pay scale. I think FFE tops out at 36-38cpm within 5 years. If that works for you, stick with them. I never had a single issue with them. Granted I was not there a long time, but the atmosphere is very positive for a trucking outfit.

7. nolookingback

nolookingback Bobtail Member

BJnobear,

Thanks for all the information currently I am scheduled to start with FEE , in their school, at the end of April. I am planning on going however, I would appreciate your input as to whether or not you would recommend the school and program for someone just starting out, without any experience.

Again thanks for keeping us informed about your experiences I have found the information helpful.

8. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Check your PM's.:biggrin_255:

9. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    also remember, mitt stubbs retired & his son took over so he's doing what he wants & not whats good for everyone. i worked for american eagle when ed eldridge was president of it back in the early 90s & it was ok i got more miles than i could log but i didn't get paid worth a #### tho. mitt's son has ALOT to do with it.

10. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    The company is having capitol issues right now folks. Pay tops out at .36cpm at 5.5years, and they are in trouble. Then again who isnt these days.

11. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    really? tops out at .36cpm. I guess I am starting near the top of the pay scale with them. I will be starting at .34cpm on the 9th of July.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.