Filling up in Oregon

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mitmaks, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I fuel at the Mobil truckstop in Halsey. Their PUC price is 2.499 a gallon.

They give me back cash 0.08 a gallon after 1000 gallons purchased. Plus I get an additional 0.06 back using my ExxonMobil card. So, I paid 2.35 a gallon this past week.

Mobil also has a rewards program, so, I use the rewards points to buy gas for my car ;-)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    PE_T Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I see. OR fuel stops do charge fuel taxes at the pump, but it’s only for the locals (and perhaps for those operating intrastate). The rest of us get a pass on the fuel taxes at the pump, but then pay when we get a temperaty permit or through the monthly/quarterly permit.

—Edit
    I made a mistake. 34 cents is probably the NASTC fuel discount and not the OR fuel tax. Who knows what it is.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Reason for edit: Correction
  4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, most carriers that spend time traveling through Orygun usually set up a puc account. It's not that difficult to do and the weight receipt "license" cost like $9.50 a year. You can file your reports online through a very user friendly web portal.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I am over here trying to find out the OR diesel fuel tax, but it won’t be simple because theirs is based on a weight-distance formula, so it will vary from truck to truck.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Reason for edit: Spelling
  6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm 1 truck, me, myself and I. So, it's easy peasy ;-)

SteveScott and PE_T Thank this.
  7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I am almost setup with OR for their monthly account. I am just waiting for the ACH (direct deposit) account to process so I can then pay the 2k deposit and begin using the account.

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    You can post a surety bond for 10% of that.

Long FLD and PE_T Thank this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Plus, if you're diligent to file and pay monthly, after a year you can ask them to remove the bond requirement and they will.

Long FLD and PE_T Thank this.
  10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Yeah, OOIDA did inform me about it. I am trying to slowly use cash for everything.

11. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Remove the bond requirement? That’s a new one. The lady told me after a year of on-time payments I can convert to quarterly reports/payments, instead of monthly. It will be nice if I can keep my 2k in the bank. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.