FINALLY!!! Employment looks promising

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by teddy_bear6506, Oct 5, 2009.

1. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    That would be great, GunRunner.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teddy_bear6506

May 23, 2009
    Well, I talked with the Owner this morning, had the hubby all set up for his physical, had the directions to pick up the truck, when to be there for orientation, had the apps in to Express-1. We just needed to wait for the background check and be ready. The Owner called back and said the recruiter said since we do not have 6 months experience there was nothing he could do. The Owner told him he knew nothing about the 6 months experience being needed, as it was not required when he started in March. Apparently between March and now, it has. He was going to see if there was anything he could do and get back with me, but I have not heard anything back from him, so I am guessing it is a no go.

The Owner who had the cargo van was supposed to call me back today also, and I have not heard anything from him either. So, it looks like patience will have to make another appearance.

Thank you all for the well wishes, but it seems this was not meant to be.

4. yendor_65

yendor_65 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Grand Blanc, Michigan
    I see you Called Express-1 like Congrats, as you know I run for E-1 as well. Who is your prspective fleet owner?

5. yendor_65

Sep 17, 2009
    Grand Blanc, Michigan
    Disregard my last transmition. Bummer

6. teddy_bear6506

May 23, 2009
    It has been a bummer, but I'm still trying. It looks like at this point if I can get into a van, that will be my best option. It is a better start than nothing, and if may give me the experience I need to move up down the road. Now I just need to get someone with a van to call, say I have everything needed and get started. I've been going to the Expediters Online website and put an ad on there. That's where all my calls have come from. It's kind of hit and miss as to when I hear from anybody though.

I've filled out the online app for Express 1, but do you know if they will put your name on a list for fleet owners just by putting in the app, or do I need to contact them to ask to be put on a list? You've been very helpful with your info here yendor. Thank you.
    Terri

7. yendor_65

Sep 17, 2009
    Grand Blanc, Michigan
    Call recruting and tell them that you would like to run for a fleet owner. Be persistant and something will break.

8. teddy_bear6506

May 23, 2009
    Thank you so much yendor. I'll get in touch with Recruiting Monday.

9. taz'smom

taz'smom Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2009
    ocala,fl
    hey teddy bear, glad to see you got a job with express-1. My husband and I worked for a (bad) owner who was leased to tri-state(a great company I do recommend) The owner suddenly let us go in Feb. because my husband had to get home to renew his driver's license. It was going to expire in 3 days and we gave them almost 4 weeks notice. Even tri-state read him the riot act because he was letting go of a good team. His loss. We would like to get back into expedite only with our own truck this time. I noticed you said your husband would get his physical this week before you go to orientation. Does express-1 let you do that? That would be great to use your own doctor and not have to endure those horrible orientation physicals. Let us know how you do with this company and best of luck and God Bless!!

10. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Where did you see that??:biggrin_2554:

11. teddy_bear6506

May 23, 2009
    We didn't get the job; the truck owner did not know they required 6 months experience until after we had it all set up to get everything done. As of now, I/we are still looking for something. Per yendor's advice I called recruiting today, but only got a VM. I will call them back tomorrow if I don't hear from them. Try is all I can do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.