Finally got my own truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by BoyWander, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Yup overweight, take back to shipper and send to your boss and also show it to shipper. And broker if you're in contact with them.

Not your battle to fight. Let them sort it out. Just do your job legally.

2CAN Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    They told me to run it and they will pay for fines. I was waiting for others response on this matter.
    The company doesn’t know just yet that I’m not running with it. They are going to be VERY mad!!!

4. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    My understanding is that weight tickets do NOT go against the driver only the company. However, what ever else they find while they have you in the coop will go against you and all the work and down time of fixing it once cought.

Bean Jr. and 2CAN Thank this.
  5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I always went back. At times, when at 80200 lbs when I knew that the nearest scale was 200-300 miles away I'd go but I'd need at least half full tanks. I'd go back in your case.

6. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Problem is that they may not let him proceed. I saw once a dude in Idaho ditching onion bags. LOL

7. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Ya, I’m going back just haven’t told my company yet. I may be unemployed after this.

8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Over this? Even the outlaw companies that I used to work for would have understood the implications. There is probably one dispatcher that is sucking up to a broker and wants to do it at your expense. You're doing the right thing. Keep your CDL clean and you'll get rehired all the time.

9. 2CAN

2CAN Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I haven't had an overwieght ticket in a long time, not sure if it has changed but in 2010 I messed up with a jigsaw puzzle load and was 1800 lbs over on my drives.

140 dollar lesson in paying attention and not rushing.

No points to me, does not effect the company at all. CSA did not change this as far as I know.

Bottom line, do what you feel comfortable with, I wouldn't lose my job over 700 lbs

10. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    What are saying??? Run it?????

11. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Arkansas is the same way. You will set there until you get it legal. I have saw cranes out there unloading flatbeds, and little bob trucks backed up to vans unloading freight to get it legal.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.