Finally Quit Trucking.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stuckinatruck, Aug 4, 2013.

1. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    I would hope he changed something in the last 5 freaking years this thread has been posted!

AZ Pete and WesternPlains Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    My dumb ### took the Death Valley scenic byway by accident and following my Rand McNally the other week. 50 miles from where I picked up, you come to a T... to the right, no trucks. To the left, trucks with trailers over 30 feet from kingpin not advised for next 33 miles.

Still trying to get pieces of my seat out of my ###.

Lepton1 and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Maybe the guy just needed a batter truck?
    I haven’t driven the top end Pete’s or KW’s.
    I have driven Volvo. It is nice. Does lessen fatigue. Set the seat and wheel right. Ten and two hand position becomes the natural resting place. No vibration bs. Really nice. I drive this all day while enjoying it. Can’t do that with the nicest car made.
    I understand the fatigue on some. Driven a few that way.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I applied for a job in a bank.

Shouldn't have done it on such a cold day.

They really had a problem with my ski mask for some reason,,,,

6. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I'm so glad I work in the LTL world. Whenever I encounter a customer who's having one of those days and he or she wants to talk noise, I politely tell them to calm down and if they still talking crap I just leave. So guess what their freight either don't get picked up or delivered, some one at top corporate will complain why his coffee maker didnt get there on time. these folks think they run the show but they failed to realize that they can easily get replaced for not having the right attitude with us truckers. plus I'm also aware it can work the other way around as I seen my fair share of truckers been a pain in the arse with shippers or receivers.I seen few people from receiving and shipping get fired because of their attitude. All it takes is a bunch truckers to put enough complaints. Overall trucking is for me as the pro outweighs the cons. I still remember when I first started an old school driver told me you will know if trucking is for you in your first year. This career is tough but is rewarding at the end. Then again it all depends on who you ask.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Since switching from dry van to flatbed three years ago I found that it is night and day in regards to giving and receiving respect. Dry van shippers and receivers were often condescending, rude, and aggravating. Flatbed customers are usually respectful and genuinely want to get you loaded or unloaded as soon as possible and if there is a delay they apologize.

Imagine that. Being addressed as "Sir" or "Boss" and being thanked for your service. I always thank my customers for their business. Maybe that works both ways.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  8. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    If your going to drive slower than the flow of traffic get your dumb self centered ### in the right hand lane and quit creating a traffic jam jerk off

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.