Finished School!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by XtremeFitness, Mar 21, 2014.

1. XtremeFitness

XtremeFitness Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Greenville, South Carolina

Thanks...will keep posting updates.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. XtremeFitness

Feb 22, 2014
    So the road test with Superior went well. I met with my trainer and we did a pre-trip on the Mack...then he had me hook up to a tanker in the yard. I drove for about 30-45 minutes and the trainer was great setting the tone as to what to expect from him during training. I didn't have any issues on the road test...it was nice to be in a newer truck since the ones in school are older.
    I am scheduled for my drug screen, physical & dexterity test early next week so hopefully I will be ready for training in the next 2 weeks. I will update as I get closer to an official start date.

wsyrob and MrBolton88 Thank this.
  4. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Far out man!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. MrBolton88

MrBolton88 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2014
    North Carolina
    congrats man! i got a question, do you need you hazmat do with sc? cuz i got my tanker i was wondering if they gave you time enough to get your hazmat as well....

6. XtremeFitness

Feb 22, 2014
    Thank You!
    They do require that you have hazmat as well as passport or passcard & twic...I would at least take the hazmat test and start the background process through TSA as that can take up to 4 weeks. The best bet is to contact the closest terminal to you and speak to the terminal manager.

MrBolton88 Thanks this.
  7. MrBolton88

Mar 30, 2014
    North Carolina
    ^ok than, thanks the closet one to me is in Wilmington, NC i will give them a call

8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    My boss at the High Point terminal is TM at both. If you can't get Mac in Wilmington call High Point. You will need Hazmat but they will pay for renewals.

9. MrBolton88

Mar 30, 2014
    North Carolina
    ^oh okay, thanks guess i gotta wait for that than, no money at the moment for the hazmat

10. jonthebritnc

jonthebritnc Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2013
    nc
    just sent you an IM hope it helps

11. XtremeFitness

Feb 22, 2014
    The DOT physical, drug screen & agility test went great. Once I finished the drug screen & physical I went to the PT room for my agility test. The test consisted of different exercises while checking your pulse after each exercise. The test included a 1 min step test, step up on ladder, pick up milk crate with weights in it and put on shelf, 10 squats, lift milk crate above head with weight in it, walk 30 feet with 30lbs then 60lbs, push 80lbs, pull 100lbs and lastly the balance beam about 6" wide. All in all it was pretty easy. Basically you take 220 minus your age and then take 90% of that and your heart rate needs to be below that with each exercise.
    After I was done I went back to the terminal and spoke with the operations manager and he said the results should be back by Friday maybe Monday at the latest and he will call then with when I can start. Can't wait to get training. Will update when I hear something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.