Firearms in truck

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by NATIONWYDE, Oct 7, 2006.

1. The_Rev

The_Rev Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    That is correct. As long as the states you travel through have a reciprocal law you are legally allowed to carry "in the eyes of the law". The company you drive for unfortunately believes you should be defensless to anyone trying to steal your truck. Personally it would depend on what cargo I was hauling. If it was non-hazardous, I'd give them the keys to the truck and tell them to drive safely. If it was hazardous, I'd rather get fired then to see some terrorist get ahold of that. That's my opinion, your mileage may vary. On a side note, I'm not sure what the federal regs are to firearms in a CMV if there are any. I'll need to do some reading. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    I would love to have my glock with me.....makes those questionable dark lots a little more walkable.

K

Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  4. The_Rev

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    Which model? I own a 29.

5. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    model 23. 40cal.

K

Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  6. The_Rev

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    I like the 10mm but ammo is pricey.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    With the .40 you get the best of both worlds with stopping power and mag capacity.

Skunk_Truck_2590 and x#1 Thank this.
  8. RoadRocket

RoadRocket Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2006
    L.A. = Lower Alabama
    I posted on this subject but got logged out somehow while typing it so i dont know where it went. lol But any how i am armed at all times in all states. I am a u.s. citizen and a non convicted felon therefor my 2nd amendment "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" upon is my right and and i stand up for it anytime and any place. And when i go to canada i turn in my guns at the border for 5 dollars they hold them till i get back. I carry a .357 and a mossberg riot shotgun. I have told many state troopers and D.O.T. that i have guns and they dont do nothing because i'm not concealing them by telling them i have them. There is a difference between carrying a weapon and carrying and concealing weapon. People had lot more respect for each other when every one carryed guns. I will defend myself and shoot to kill :smt066 !!!!!!!!!

Bigdaddy00, x#1, Boonie and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. basscase_2000

basscase_2000 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2005
    As far as the feds and the cmv weapons restrictions, there are none. It has never been adressed in law, regs, or fed directives. You can also have a firearm with you traveling through states and cities like NY and DC. Notice I said "through". You trip cannot begin or end in those jurisdictions legally with a firearm in your posession, but because of the firearms interstate commerce act you can legally car "through" those areas. The two big states to get permits for concealed carry in are Florida, and Utah. Those two states CCL's are recognized by 40 states., and thus if non resident permits are obtained, you are good in 40 states.

Please note, When passing through states/ cities that don't allow concealed carry, or even posession of a fire arm, you must abide by that areas requirments for firearm storage and securement. I have a coded lock box for mine, and keep it in there during just such trips. Unloaded of coarse.

You can get more info at the NRA.org

10. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I didn't think there was any state that had a law against the possession of a firearm. Isn't that what the NRA has fought to prevent for all these years?

11. BearGator56

BearGator56 "The G stands for GOOD!"

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Model 22 here. Get those Cor-Bon 135 gr JHP's (1300 fps)... FBI has field results from this round showing over 90% 1 shot stops. The gelatin tests were pretty sick, too. 13 inches of penetration, and a wide channel with lots of fragments. Homey ain't getting back up.

Almost forgot... they mushroom up to the size of a quarter...

x#1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.