Firearms in truck

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by NATIONWYDE, Oct 7, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    You can NOT transport a handgun in the state of New York without a New York state firearms permit. They do not issue non-resident permits. The penalty can be a 2 year prison sentence. You can however transport a handgun THROUGH the state of New York as long as you don't stop, if you stop you are in violation of law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Same here, Shady areas don't bother me. It's expected. It's the un expected areas.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    In the end. who cares if the authorities never ask about a weapon. Defending my life or others will be tried in the court by peers.
    Don't ask don't tell

The police can't save everyone every second of the day. I am pro police by the way. but really there are human too.

5. Jackofalltrades1977

Jackofalltrades1977 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Salisbury, NC
    Like I've said before, if it comes down to a situation where I have to draw a firearm and consider using lethal force then what laws are applicable really doesn't matter at that point in time.

I can only deal with the fallout if I'm alive.

6. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    My solution is to not run in the northeast. I won't go where my gun is not welcome. No guns, no money.

7. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Better to be carried by 12 than, er ah, better to tried by 6, than ah, oh the heck with it.

You know what I mean dang it.

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I have been in the ghetto's of Detroit,Cleveland,Houston..Never had a problem. What I AM worried about,is when I knock on a dumb-### paranoid truck driver's door who has either blocked me in my parking spot,/and or the fuel island,and he pulls his "piece" on me.

What then? I pack "protection" and we have a shoot-out.? Let the good times roll..:biggrin_2559:

9. AM77

AM77 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    If you are hiding one, hide it very good since you'll never be able to to comply with every village, town,city and state law. And IF you EVER feel the need to pull it out, you BETTER BE READY TO USE IT since the person on the other side of it might have just a lil' more experience in such stuff. I own couple of them, but i rather keep them at home. :biggrin_25513:
    At the end, there is plenty other usable "weapons" around cab.

Bumpy Thanks this.
  10. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    I would like to better learn MMA, I think that would be more effective than a gun, in most cases. I have taken some MMA classes, but not any since I became a driver, you can't do something like that being gone all week.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    In the end I think it comes down to two questions.

How paranoid are you?

I am not that young, and I have been many places and in many circumstances.

Having a firearm, and sometimes I did, never improved my chance of survival.
    In fact, it sometimes detracted from my chance.

If you didn't get the second question, well, you are just too paranoid.

In my experience, intelligence is the better weapon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.