Fired for going 15 over on a 6% grade.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Peace_Maker, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Peace_Maker

Peace_Maker Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2013
    I've gone through and read what posts I can find that mention drivers getting tickets for 15mph over. I have not seen a discussion about an inspection violation for 15 over.

I was fired on Friday from Woody Bogler due to a 15mph over violation I received in TN last Sunday. I was rolling down the 6% grade on 24 heading into Chattanooga. I was keeping up with car traffic instead of truck traffic and ended up going 60 in a 45. TN trooper was sitting at the last runaway ramp before the bottom of the grade. I did ask the trooper several times to write a ticket, but he said he just doesn't do that.

Are violations treated the same as tickets by both companies and insurance? I need to find another company as quickly as I can for my family.

I have 18 months of current otr experience. My other experience is from 2013 with Prime and prior to that i drove almost everything in the motor pool in the Army (I was a Stryker driver 04-07.) I live in MO and have my doubles and tanker endorsements. My experience so far is with reefer and dry van.

Any help/ insight would be greatly appreciated.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You'll have to apply with 2nd chance companies. I'll list what I have and maybe other drivers will have some suggestions.
    ~
    Nationwide Express

4. Peace_Maker

Peace_Maker Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2013
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Peace_Maker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.