Fired for off-duty alcohol need advice!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by dogtrucker, Sep 9, 2014.

1. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Thank you and yes, I have a copy of the report. It has been suggested here that below 0.02 is outside the margin of error and should not be counted - I'm looking into that.

But a lawyer? I don't know - maybe in time if I can get it off my record but I don't think I can afford the expense or the time right now - got bills. Just need a job asap

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I agree it was a small amount but you know how companies are,they make a huge deal out of everything.I'm thinken someone that knows that restraurant and maybe inside when you was tipped your company off that you was drinken.

Lucar and "semi" retired Thank this.
  4. tigersroses1

tigersroses1 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Rock Island, IL
    Yep look at your copy of the FMCSR, Sub Section 382.121 thru 382.211
    now remember, your company may have a policy that is more restrictive, but I doubt that with your admission of the fact being you did consume alcohol, that you have much of a leg to stand on in this case. Sorry Man, but this is the world we live in and posting in open forum on the web about how you used any alcohol at all, is probably not helping you any.

5. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    guess i got some more reading to do.

6. Pahrump

Pahrump Medium Load Member

had to havea drink,,regs state no alcohol 4 or so hours before you go on duty,,well you can drink your butt off 10 hours before and still have a too much in your system

you srewed up,,pay the price,,next time you will know better,,when on the road,,or if you know you are going to drive in the next day or so

DON"T GO DRINKING,,,WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT DRINKING OR YOUR JOB,,YOU SCREWED UP..

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi patty, that's what I thought, see post #8

8. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    if you live in IOWA there is always the White Volvo crowd in Chicago
    they are looking for people who speak english everyday
    biggest singlr problem is they are 1099 jobs
    but if you were with CRE you already know how to handle crap

9. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    ####, it's hard to know when to lie and I am not good at it. Still, if my Co violated this process as they also did by doing this stuff with me off-duty (you're supposed to be on duty to be tested) then maybe there is some hope of having the record removed. Actually, I don't even know if it will be on my DAC - hasn't showed up yet.

My problem is talking to recruiters - lying about it feels like the wrong move since they eventually may find out; I don't know the odds so I just default to 'full-disclosure.

10. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    OK, I'll bight - who is the "white Volvo crowd"?

11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    White Volvo crowd, that's hilarious.:biggrin_2559:( and not White/GMC/Volvo either,,,,well maybe)

stabob Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.