Firefighters Would Rather Go Into A Burning Building Than Drive

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Lucky 4 wheeler I brake but maintain my lane . Dash cam will prove I wasn’t tailgating.. pretty sad how many people I know who are scared to drive nowadays due to NON enforcement by police its become a anything goes driving society.

3. Assured

Assured Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    After taking evasive action to avoid getting rear-ended at high-speed by a car which appeared in my rear-view mirror a few seconds prior (in my 4-wheeler), I decided to keep it (my car) off the highways most hours of the day (preferring surface streets with reduced speed and fewer psychopaths to contend with).

The steel frame and elevated position in trucks take care of the most of the issues of concern, so I don't mind driving them.

I don't even want to think about doing towing, road service, road construction/maintenance, law enforcement, or anything else involving direct exposure to highway traffic.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, well, not me. I run out when they run in. While firefighters are some of the most important people in our society, to "run in a burning building rather than drive a truck" is baloney. Look, these firefighters deal with max dangerous situations, ALL THE TIME. Sure it's easy to say trucking is worse dealing with these wrecks daily, poppycock. So many variables that could kill or injure you running into a burning building, heck, just GETTING to the fire, trucking? Meh, maybe once a week a tense moment, but for most, nothing happens. Trucking safety is probably 95%, you make your dangers by how you drive, a fire is too unpredictable.

5. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    Amazon O/O again...:sad3:

Carolina Dreamer Thanks this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
  7. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    I actully know one of the firefighters who was there. We arent exactly friends but i have talked to him at the local range multiple times and run into him a lot at the store since we tend to shop at the same time usually. We are also in a local gun group simular to this forum.

According to him, he has been in 19 wrecks while responding in the last 5 years in 2 diffrent stations. Usually they are minor like sideswipes or having to run out of the way and such. but 3 have been on at least this level or worse and several of their guys have been hurt in simular wrecks. Its getting to a point many of them refuse to go out since there is such a high chance of getting hurt. And most of the time its either road rage or someone goofing off on their phone. They have even had passersby throw things at them and curse them out for "holding them up"

#### like this is getting out of hand.

JoeyJunk, Numb, cuzzin it and 2 others Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and yet, to add to this BS, more and more states are "handing" drivers licenses to undocumented people, all the more to make it easier for THEM to get to work...oh sure, those that are in charge of doing this are saying..."they will have to carry insurance"

ya,,,,riiiight..........prove to me those undocumented free drivers will actually carry insurance...?

then too add all the CDL steering wheel holders, that do not speak English.......or got thier CDL (like in the state of MA), by bribing the test site troopers or 3rd party test vendors.....

anyone like me that is retired can[t be any happier we are out of that BS, and know all too well how to avoid the interstate highways in favor of city streets, state highways, and even if need be, country trails, and be far away form the morons out there.

JoeyJunk, bzinger, 201 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I agree, a big plus being retired, BUT, I still think of the drivers that have to put up with the BS of today. Far as I'm concerned, timing for us worked out just right. As the industry tanked, and tank it did, we were just about done anyway.

Numb, buddyd157, bzinger and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i cannot say i think of the drivers still in the business, and i mean the vets of at least 20 + years of REAL trucking experience.

they should have made enough money by now, to have thier homes paid off, or at least 3/4's worth paid off.

a retirement savings/investment, started long ago.

they should know what to do by now, i cannot guide them.

lots of transportation jobs they can seek out to get off the road, or other jobs/career paths to jump to.

Darwinizm will take care of the steering wheel holders.

i frequently watch..."Bone Head Truckers" on You Tube, and well..........those are the ones that'll die off........

i still believe MORE government involvement in the industry is much needed, as each and every day is no better, than the day before.

absolute governed trucks for all...

absolute apprenticeship training for at least 1 full year minimum

absolute A to Z CDL schooling of at least 1 full year, that must meet government training standards. not this "get'em in, and pass'em" "collect $10,000 and kick'em out" training BS...........

Numb and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.