Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    So rumors are correct. The Lansing, IL and Channahon, IL terminals were bought by corporate and merged into 1 terminal. The weird part is they moved into our yard and are upstairs from us. They are now terminal 181.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Did that terminal go union, According to craigslist ads their claiming union wages and benefits.
    Used to see your truck in IMTT often, I'd be back loading or see you back loading just never had the chance to talk to you

Rix43 Thanks this.
  4. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I am back at IMTT now. The customer was not taking any load for 2 weeks.
    I do not know if it is union. Next time I am in the yard I will go upstairs, say Hi, and she what I can find out.

RERM and slim shady Thank this.
  5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I don't think they're union that i'm aware of. I have a friend who I worked with at another tanker company who now works for the 181 terminal, but he's often dispatched out of the affiliate downstairs.

6. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I'm not personally a fan of the DB deal, but they are really nice looking trucks. I've talked to a couple of guys who want that beautiful custom truck, but aren't willing to put any time into actually deciding if the company is even right for them. That I don't get. How can you sign on for a $2,500 + truck payment with a company you've never worked for, often times guys have never even pulled tanks and quite possibly never even been an O/O before....WTH goes through some of these guys minds?

I've never leased on with QC for numerous reasons, but I do like everyone i've met out of the Joliet terminal.

Rix43 Thanks this.
  7. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    The affiliate downstairs is us, 750 - Joliet. They, 181, must still be a work in progress. I wonder what happened to the customers they had in Lansing and Channahon. Time will tell I reckon.

8. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    any experience with the St. Louis terminal? I'm looking for out-n-back, regional runs that gross ~$4000 weekly (before fuel) and get me home regular.

hey_serg Thanks this.
  9. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I truly don't know much about the terminal, but I know they have a lot of freight and it pays pretty good. It's a corporate terminal now, but the terminal manager is still Jason. From when they were an affiliate.

ncdriver1 Thanks this.
  10. Bigredhammah

Bigredhammah Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Rix43
    I have really enjoyed reading your story. I am currently looking into hualling for qc. I looked into the db deal but don't know if I wanna pay that much for a used truck. I have submitted an ap. I'm waiting to hear back from the recruiter on the keys to quality. I live in southern Maine and they are hiring out of the Portland area.
    Currently I am working for a food service company up here home every day making 27.20 an hour with more than 40 hours a week. But my dream has always been to own my own truck. I kinda want a new one with a full warranty......

hey_serg and Rix43 Thank this.
  11. jmsmith361

jmsmith361 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Rix43
    Hey Brother can you please check your message board. Thanks

Rix43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.