Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    Going with a new truck you won’t need to know about it. Lol

But with a DB Truck; your repairs will get so out of control that QC will loan you the money. You sign a promissory note and pay it back at roughly $300 per week. The interest is 12% of your payment weekly, so if you pay it off early there is no interest, nor is it compounded.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I'm surprised they charge any interest at all with all the problems these trucks seem to have. If it were me in charge I'd be more concerned about keeping trucks operating and making money, not with being a shylock.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    There’s nothing on the QC web site about this...?

5. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    I don't know how tired of them they are, I do think they are looking hard for a recruit they think can make it. I think they are looking for an example of success.
    At least thats the way I took it from talking to them. I couldn't count the number of times I was told "we want you to own the truck" or something similar.
    Might be getting a bad rap and are trying to turn that around.

6. AZ Pete

Dec 27, 2017
    Copy that. LOL.

7. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I’ll ask my terminal manager and get back to you. That way there is no hear say or out dated website to rely on :D

8. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    Think about what you have said to them, and you will know why they say the things they say to you. They are not very intellectual, but they try to pick up on what your thinking and saying; then form their responses on what they think you want to hear.

9. AZ Pete

Dec 27, 2017
    That may be. I dunno, and I guess we never will for sure.
    But, the answers they were giving me, well, there woulda been a BIG ####in problem if Id a done it and what you said was true, because I was talking driveline and wiring etc. Dependability stuff, not pretty paint.
    See, its kinda a pickle. I am not a fan of these new motors, I like what I like and I trust what I trust. Problem is, it takes a lot of work to make sure this will work and I just didn't trust them to do it right.
    Oh well.

10. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    I get it, and I completely understand. When will you know what you’re going to buy?

11. AZ Pete

Dec 27, 2017
    Soon as I hear from Jessica. She's gonna be back on the 4th. As long as she O.K.s me for 280" wheelbase and tells me no on the fitzgerald glider, then I will know what Im getting, as long as the payment isn't completely over the line outrageous. I know it will be outrageous, but it can't be over the line.
    Will it be O.K. to P.M. you a question?

Rix43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.