First day on my own and I cross dropped.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by mud23609, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Yeah, that's for the in ground tanks, I believe we're discussing the trailers.
    Also, that only works if the tags are still there.
    At the rack where I mostly load, the hoses are separated, 2 for 87 octane, 1 for 93, 1 for kero, 1 for dyed diesel, and usually 2 for ULSD.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    If there's no tag you don't drop. Why would a drawing a station layout help at a rack?

4. jamin22

jamin22 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    I don’t even write anything down. I figure out how much of what product I’m gonna put in each compartment while driving, I load it, then I drive and unload it. Doing this 8 years now I haven’t written anything down in the last 6 years. No labels on my trailer either. I just have a great memory.

Have probably 50 lift numbers in my head too that I never need to look at. I have a great memory.
    Get a kick out of watching people scramble through their little notebook looking for a lift number that they can’t remember even though they’ve pulled off it twice that week, and over a hundred timed in their life

5. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015

You will make a mistake just a matter of time. I wouldn't brag too much. Let us know when you do.

6. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    No one mentioned drawing a station layout. He was referring to a trailer diagram, with what he fills into each compartment.

7. jamin22

jamin22 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Probably, everyone mixes sometime in their life. Writing something down isn’t gonna prevent that.

I’m 8 years strong. About 130k miles per year and 800 loads per year, without a mix yet. Some people are just born for this job

8. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    Ok. Weird. Never had a problem getting product on my trailer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.