First load with TQL

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by haider99, Dec 4, 2017.

1. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Did my first load with TQL. They said it was a live- off load and I confirmed this with them a couple of times. Arrive at the receiver and find out its a trailer drop for 24 hours

No body at TQL to help wirh out with this. I only have 1 trailer and I need it the next day for a load. Now, I cant seem to find any dryvan to rent.

First and last load with TQL.

luckystar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I’ve heard horror stories of trailers disappearing. Shippers will load it and send it off to another facility or they will load it and use it for storage. I hope you put a kingpin lock on it, removed the glad hands and ran a chain through the tires.

4. Truenorthexpress

Truenorthexpress Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Welcome to TQL! They are the worst to deal with

Joetro Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Next thread will be "Last load with TQL".

6. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Same thread.

Lepton1 and whoopNride Thank this.
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    TQL is pond scum. Bait and switch tactics with their postings on load boards. Bait and switch with lies in regards to load information.

Oh,.. and read the contract If it says the load was to be delivered at a specific time,.. and now that your trailer is beyond your reach,.. causing you grief with another load,.. making you potentially late for this appt. TQL can and will fine you. Have had this done to me.

I have not done another TQL load in almost 3 yrs. Piss on em. Take this as a lesson learned. Personally,.. I would never have let my trailer leave my sight. If that meant cancelling the load and being black listed by TQL,.. you would have been better off for it. I can name off another dozen or so brokers no one should ever pulls loads for.

And when a broker agent says they have black listed you.. take that with a grain of salt. I pissed off this young girl after she gave me the wrong information. I had dead headed 200 mi into no mans land for a load I couldnt do because of it,.. really pissed me off. Told her exactly what I thought and how she could take her attitude after I corrected her and place it in that special place. Told me I would never do another load for them again. Even posted a complaint to ITS about me. The very next morning another agent from her same brokerage called me asking me where I was and if I was interested in a hot load of steel he needed moved. Why yes sir. yes I am. (Snicker)

Hurst

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    GET IT SIGNED REFUSED this is proof you were at the delivery and attempted delivery which will keep anyone from trying to claim you stole something.
    Take to warehouse.
    Unload the stuff.
    Tell them when you are paid you will tell them where their load is
    If they want you to deliver it they will also pay for redelivery (up front)
    Make it clear to them this all can be avoided if they meet their contract which was agreed upon. If not no hard feelings.
    You may be surprised how quickly it gets unloaded. If they lock you to a dock for any length of time, get your tools out and start undoing the bolts that hold the lower bar of icc bumper. Tell them you are leaving.

9. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Good point Hurst.
    No way am I dropping my trailer anywhere beyond my sight. Had one example a load of meat from Alberta in bond to Laredo. Other drivers (for cr England.. ) saying the Mexican just comes brings your trailer into Mexico and brings it back. At the time i had my older 2010 reefer worth maybe 40 grand. Broker assured me before I even accepted it that it was a live off load in Laredo. Surprise! I told him that wasn't happening and I would not only inform his customer directly the situation but I will also drag it all the way back to Alberta because my investment is never going to that country. What do you know? Live off load in about 3 hours later. Never worked with that broker again, and the same loads are posted through another outfit now. To my surprise I was paid in full as per our contract. I can put up with a lot of crap but flat out lying to me while putting my livelihood in jeopardy.... Never.

10. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Lol they will just claim on your insurance and you will be responsible for storage fees

p608 Thanks this.
  11. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Your insurance company just pays out a claim without much process? Mine asks me about what's going on and when you show them you tried to deliver it your insurance company will deny the claim. I had it happen one time and it's exactly what happened. Responsible for storage fees? Yes. However it is the broker's customer's product and they likely want to know where the heck it is.

Or you can just roll over, pull your pants down and let them have their way with you. Up to you.

Lepton1, Eldiablo, Dave_in_AZ and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.