First load with TQL

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by haider99, Dec 4, 2017.

1. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    Oh and they will call you like 15 times on a cheap ### load worrying where you are even if you're ahead of schedule. A very last resort for me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Story time!:
    Easier to just not deal with them at all...
    Last one called me before your thanksgiving, calls at 3 pm wants me to deadhead into Toronto to pickup a reefer load (this is Wednesday before turkey day) and it's going to Indiana, about a 700 mile load... says I can hold onto the load until Tuesday (as if that is some kind of benefit for me). Tell him it's impossible, do not buy that shipper will stay open late (or he won't mysteriously "cancel" on me) ...he wants me to name my price but in all honesty I just plain don't want to even take the chance of getting screwed. It would be different if I was hanging out at Toronto at the time and I could pick it up quickly - and if he would of paid me probably 5000 to do it I may have considered it. The fact of the matter is I have more than enough good customers who don't dick me around so why even bother with a customer like tql?

4. firecatf7333

firecatf7333 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I've had some good loads from TQL but you always have to be cautious. I tell them I'm empty and on way to shipper ( even if I'm not yet) and then they "dispatch" you with the "real" rate con. The first one won't give exact address or shipper. After this I call shipper and receiver to confirm pickup # and times

Lepton1, nax and strollinruss Thank this.
  5. MHC

MHC Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    CA
    TQL will get you just like any other broker will - if you don't protect yourself. Be it Rate Con or TQL Driver Instructions, if there is no PU / Delivery contact info I request it and call all Stops to verify what the broker said - FCFS, appts. not required, no lumper, etc, whatever the particulars are to the load. I do this BEFORE I return the signed Rate Con.
    More often than not, stuff is not as sold. And it's not always the broker is lying, shippers often are to blame for inaccurate load details, and the broker is passing on what they been told. You gotta verify. If broker doesn't want to share the contract info, find a different load. If you want the losd because of rate or destination and broker is not giving up the contact info, then there's this thing called the "Internet" and if you type into the search box the name of the PU / Delivery, you will have the info you need in short order.

6. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
  7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    So because of one day hold up you gonna go find a storage, have a claim on your insurance record (even though they might not pay it up), deal with this nonsense for who knows how long, fight for the payment from them? For what?
    I would take the $250 layover fee and be done with it. Bending over? I would call it a lesson learned and adjust my booking with them for the future.
    Not to have any insurance claims is worth way more in the long run, than having $500 loss or revenue (again, it's questionable, God knows how long and how much stress would it take to resolve all that mess with storage and fighting for payment).

Night_driver Thanks this.
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    When it is going to interrupt my next load pickup which is the money load - absolutely. They can go ahead try to claim all they want. When it is a b.s. claim it means nothing.

cnsper Thanks this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Tell that to the insurance underwriters, numerous claims paid or not raise a red flag, and premiums.

10. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Why an insurance claim. I'm just holding it for them at another storage facility until such time it's convenient for us both to finish conducting buissness. I fulfilled my end of the contract. When your ready to rewrite the contract I'll see what I can do?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.