First major issue with my truck....

Discussion in 'Swift' started by DickJones, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    couldn't ever do that...my mom would always check. then when i tried it, she'd stand there and watch me clean my room....MAN, why was it such a chore to clean your room when you were a child.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 'bedder

Buckeye 'bedder Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Don't Swift mechanic's "Jerry-rig" their company trucks when repairs are made?

4. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Yesssss....Lawrence Welk, Hee-Haw (SaaalllUTE!!!) Sunday was Wild Kingdom and Disney and then bed time. The only kissing on TV was soap operas and the Flintstones and there wasn't any of the double entendre, blatant sexuality and bathroom humor we see today. I miss the innocent age of TV.

misterG and Lilbit Thank this.
  5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    No. They don't. I know this from personal experience. They fix them so they stay fixed and cost less money in the long run.

And, Buckeye, why are you jumping on that bandwagon? You did apply to Swift yourself and indicated wishing to reapply when your issues are settled. You seemed so disappointed that you couldn't come onto the team straightaway, even though you were philosophical about it. Has something in your life suddenly changed to cause your change of heart?

6. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    didnt you get bugs bunny on saturday afternoon?
    cartoons were only like maybe an hour after school and 2 hours on sunday--not the #### 24/7 cartoon channels like today

7. canuck in da truck

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    how can a wannabe complain about any company ???
    when the only time he has seen the trucks is when they drive by while he is on the side of the road waving his arm ,trying to get them to honk the horn

DickJones Thanks this.
  8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

DJ posted " i had Aug of '09 was 'failure to follow instructions'".:biggrin_25521: Not hard to believe that

misterG and outerspacehillbilly Thank this.
  9. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    I can go into a big thing to attempt to educate about percentage... But it will be pointless!

DON'T AUTHORIZE THE REPAIR!!!

If they did something that you did not authorize... Then they need to reverse that issue or allow you out the door with no payment due...

I had something similiar happen to me a couple months ago Dick. Went to Volvo in Tuscon, AZ. Told them straight out to replace both egr valves. It was written up that way as well. They only replaced 1... The one that wasd originally bad. I got 5 miles down the road & the other one went out as I knew it would. I turned the truck around. Went back into the shop. Had a pow wow with the service writer, mechanic, & shop forman because they didn't do what I requested them to do.

I still had to pay for the second egr valve.... But the labor & motel room were free!

10. canuck in da truck

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    i think i would get a lot of the "failure to follow instructions" if i worked there
    i dont think i could do the--fuel here and put on only 100 gal and then drive only down this road and this road and then send macro 22 or what ever
    that would drive me crazy guess i am too used to the smaller humanized companys--where if i go down a certain road--they know i must have a reason for it--i put on fuel when i need to as per level or weight---and i will tell you when i am mt--or at shipper---i hate canned msges

11. canuck in da truck

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    wouldnt the % pay really depend on the company????
    if they are taking only pretty cheap frieght--i think i would rather be on mileage
    but if it is decent paying loads--and you dont have to hop far for next one---i cans see the advantages as well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.