First month with CRST

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by reniffk, Feb 26, 2008.

1. reniffk

reniffk Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Hazel Park, MI
    I was one few new truckers that was lucky enough to have a CDL walking in to CRST so that I am getting paid like a slave. I also got lucky and got a really good trainer, I came in to this trip out west nervous about the mountains and steep grades but now I feel confidant that I will do fine. I am happy with the company so far the only complaint I have is with the FM (dispatcher). But other than that I have have a wonderful experience so far.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Desperado

Desperado <strong>The Bandit</strong>

Feb 16, 2008
    Long Way Home .......
    Good to hear your making progress with CRST . You'll be happy later that you went out west with your trainer . It will make you more comfortable while driving by yourself .

Best of Luck to ya .

:yes2557:

4. Bacon

Bacon Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Sedalia MO.
    I would like to hear more about CRST I am working an Owner Operator deal with them as we speak.

75% of $1.77/M avg.
    100% of fuel surcharge /.49 right now
    they charge $185.00/week to use there trailer which sux

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Judging by the stories from others you are going to get screwed. Thats one thing CRST does well with their fleace purchases and lease ops.

6. reniffk

reniffk Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Hazel Park, MI
    I don't know all of the details but I do know that if your leasing from them and want to train they charge you .06$ per mile to have the student on the truck to get more money. I think that is b.s. but that is there choice I am there to get my first year out of the way then off to a better company.

So far things with them seem alright from a company drivers point of view.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.