First time o/o's or buyers read this...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kittyfoot, Oct 2, 2010.

1. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    here a [​IMG]pic of the new member of the family......my second wife lol

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    I also have several business lines of credit..Especially in fuel cards. Many fuel cards are simply EFT (debit) cards in essence. I have both since you Cant buy fuel if you dont have money in the bank (or will within 1-3 days usually) Credit is best used in that way..just to bridge expenses with income timing. As soon as I get paid, the card is paid in full. I never go beyond 30 days on any ccard either. But I refuse to play with COMDATA (thieves...) !!
    It wasn't easy to get business credit with a brand new company (april 2010) - much less a fuel card. Most companies like (Wright Express) want auto-EFT within 1-3 days as they have been stiffed too often. I understand that for sure..but begging does help. I have used each account several times to show I can manage my credit and I am rewarded with better terms and larger limits. My company will look real good by the time I launch out the door....thats what I am after. If it takes me 6 months or 12 months - who cares !? - I don't. It has to be done and done right or it's not worth doing in my book-

uptownkid and outerspacehillbilly Thank this.
  4. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Heck, I said it tongue in cheek! Heck I have nothing but respect for him, Heck we have passed information back in forth for quite a while...Heck I know he will succeed...what the heck!:biggrin_25522:

5. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Well I am done working on it for the weekend....just settled down for a good turkey HUNGRY-MAN dinner. MMM, MMM, MMM. Nothing but the best that I can afford!
    Well I have determined the reason they call HUNGRY-MAN dinners what they do, is that once your done...MAN, your HUNGRY!.....

Off to McD or something....

6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Nice truck! What year is it and how much did you have to pay for it...if you do not mind sharing.
    Thanks!

7. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    1998 379. gots, new brakes and drums , waterpump,alternator,exshaust a/c compressor new air bags, 2 new bridgestone steers and drives are about 75%,comes with headache rack chais binderand tarps.......$12,000.....should be picking in up with in the month.....the owner took good care just needs some clean up.. when i spoke with the owner the truck has been on the road otr and been very well taken care of and he drove it personaly, belive he also has another truck,, and he sounds like a pretty decent guy , he's like the rest of us just trying to make a buck.... this is my point ,here's aguy that took great care of his truck.. and the moneys fit my budget....theres deals like this all over..and the reason i choose this truck , wasnt for its looks...the mechanical was well taken care of

8. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Just a thought here:

My buddy just got burned..bought a beautiful rig - owner told him it was well maintained and it looked like it..so he bought it...Problem is, the coolant wasn't changed (if? when?) - and the nitrates built up...2 of the 6 cylinder liners were compromised within 4 months and the rest are right behind.

He is spending $19k to overhaul it right now...wished he had run a coolant sample BEFORE spending the money...

..just thought I would pass that along. In my rig, I spent 1/2 of what I wanted to so I had 1/2 more to spend on repairs I knew I would end up needing. AC repair is almost always $1500+...geez...

Best of luck in your purchase - just be careful :biggrin_25525:

dino6960 Thanks this.
  9. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Nice Deal! Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing!

dino6960 Thanks this.
  10. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    theres a new radiator and a new water pump....somewhere between that i beleive theres new coolant,,,,i know i wouldnt change a radiator with out putting new coolant, or a water pump for that matter....but i do agree with a coolant test and a oil test:biggrin_25514:

11. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    congrats dino----i was kinda eyeing that one up in the truck paper as well---looks like a very good truck
    good luck

dino6960 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.