Fitzgerald Gliders might be getting more attention than they’d like

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Zigzag777, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    We're all doomed! LOL. I'm I really bad person because not only do I have diesel trucks.....now I have to have a DPF on my diesel compact tractor so that I can do 20 minute regens to mow my lawn too. Awesome.

Cat sdp, Oxbow and WhiteRam Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WhiteRam

WhiteRam Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Or all of the LiEberal Democrats that flock to ChinaMart in droves to buy more cheap China crap - they suffer from the hypocrite NIMBY syndrome.

And they then have the nerve to punish us for what the likes of China and India are doing - gross polluters.

Treehugging ecotards will be the end of the planet - not gliders.

They still won’t explain/justify how using more diesel is better for the environment while they preach insane fuel economy out the other side of their hypocrite traps!

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Oh, we can't make everything better instantly? Let's not even bother and ignore the lasting effects we've had and continue to do so. I have to laugh when the whackjobs identify themselves by name calling. This is not a politically partizan issue, but a human issue.

loudtom Thanks this.
  5. WhiteRam

WhiteRam Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Truth hurts, eh?

Hop on a plane and go to China - you have no clue on what pollution is until you do.

snowman_w900 Thanks this.
  6. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Just like that one MP on our side of the border. She wants fuel oil heat gone. That's bad.
    Then they want to ban wood heat. that's bad.
    Natural gas....nope bad. wants that gone.
    Now she wants to punish us for using electricity because it's also a polluter.

Hahahaha....OK what's left? that's why we need global warming. It will be the only way to heat my home, LOL.
    Inbred.jpg

WhiteRam Thanks this.
  7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Guess we should just give up because China pollutes more.

8. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    We have our corner of the Earth's pollution under control, but it's diminishing gains aren't nearly worth it while that effort could put towards other bad polluting areas could just be shown what we already learned.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  9. WildTxn

WildTxn Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    An old common sense saying: If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it!

The diesel engine never was any real source of pollution, even entire fleets of them! The occasional smoke does fool a lot of uneducated fanatics and idiots though.

Given the current pattern of thinking, they will outlaw beans next. They do produce greenhouse gasses you know. The Mexican restaurants will have to shut down, and where will they put the catalytic converters for that? LOL

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Quit pulling numbers out of your ### to make a political point. The "science" isn't proven one way or another. Most of it is biased junk science anyway. It's not reasonable to impose extraordinary costs and impose onerous controls on ordinary people's lives based on politically motivated junk science.

11. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    How much particulate matter was released when everyone heated and cooled by fire lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.