Flatbed load goes through cab. NORTH ANNVILLE TOWNSHIP, Pa

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Moon_beam, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    I always hated hauling beams. There’s just no way to get the chains as tight as they need to be. That idiot had straps on them, which is a guarantee for slicing. Don’t be like him.

3. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I hauled some similar type Loads (not as high) on Flatbeds (with Headache Racks) and The Load Points would NOT let Trucks leave with such "strong strap" SECUREMENT, but that was in the early 2000 decade, when apparently COMMON SENSE was still widely prevalent.

SEEING the picture of the Cab, "driver" must have possibly EXPECTED such Cab reconstruction to become a hospital patient.

:confused::eek:

Siinman Thanks this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Looks to me like he threw all his straps over the top. It probably wouldn’t have slid like that if he had gut strapped it. The company I drove for pulling flatbed didn’t carry chains and binders, any steel we hauled was strapped. We carried rubber squares to put under our straps and we never had a “shifting” load.

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    ^^^THIS^^^

personally im partial to heavy duty felt pads, but rubbers are decent protection for some things :p

6. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    It was scrap pieces of conveyor belting that the shop would cut up.

7. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Not trying to defend the guy, but I travel that road often. That spot where it happened is notorious for ugly accidents. That intersection sees a lot of traffic. Makes me wonder how fast he had to be going for all that to happen. Think the posted limit is 45, which is probably a bit much during rush hour

8. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    That stuff is so handy, in the flatbed industry. It’s the best coil underlayment protection money can buy.

The Railsplitter Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    There’s more to the story. Apparently this particular shipper DOES NOT ALLOW CHAIN SECUREMENT on their loads!!

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  10. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Sounds like they need to learn to strap properly then. You can tell all the straps were thrown over the top.

ducnut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.