Flatbedders. Howd you become o/o?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by elamigowapo, May 3, 2019.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I"m not too worried about eld at the moment. I don't plan on long haul. But who knows.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Unfortunately I didn’t have a relationship with this bank!! But I was taught years ago to make lasting impressions on the ppl you meet!! They introduced me to the bank I got my truck loan through talked to the guy on a Wednesday went in on a Monday did the paperwork!! Three weeks later I picked out a truck and he sent me a check!!! I promise it doesn’t work like that always!! I would recommend finding a small bank that has done successful truck loans or is willing to do those type loans. It is also nice in my opinion to find a branch in a small town!! But with that being said my trailers have been done through my local credit union in the big city!!

4. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    C15 on a 99 truck?

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    2 years back I was approved for a $50g car loan with bad credit and high interest. So it got me thinking. Next month I'll be back to perfect credit. Shouldn't be any reason why I couldn't get a collateral loan or maybe a signature loan. If the interest is low enough and the term long enough just for safety gaurds. I could still make the payments if I were to still be an employee.

I've got some time to make some calls for options.

My bigger problem is finding a decent priced truck. Preferably a day cab with a drop axle. I can find overpriced sleeper trucks all day long. Drop axles and day cabs are rare and those that do come along. Are WAY overpriced.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Typo. C-12

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.