Flatbeddin' with good ole' Western Express

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by BusyVixen, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jazzleader

jazzleader Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I may know this guy...I talked to him & another driver in Nashville TN.....They were talking about how he could've done his securement better!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jersey John

Jersey John Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2012
    East Coast of PA
    HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:biggrin_2556:

4. CWiLL23

CWiLL23 Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Detroit, Mi
    Who me? Could not have been me tho I am in Nashville, TN but I'm a student so I could not have had a load lol

5. TnVols Trucking

TnVols Trucking Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Nashville, Tn
    Please keep this thread going. It's a great thread, and I don't want to see it xie

6. ricecakeftw

ricecakeftw Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Dry or Flat bed? I'm wondering why they want to send me all the way to Tennessee while their large west coast yard is an hour away from me.

7. jazzleader

Sep 14, 2012
    They figure you'll enjoy their hospitallity better in Nashville, Now back 2 da real world...Mainly all their main training facilities & processings are in Nashville that's why ur not trained up da street at their yd!!! An hr away fm Fontana hmmm!!!! They sent me 2 No.Cali A pain in da <>< 2 get 2 flatbed p/u!!!!

8. jazzleader

Sep 14, 2012
    How big is their yd in Fontana?????

9. ricecakeftw

ricecakeftw Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Thats weird, its their training facility for Dry van's listed on their website. Oh well, google map their fontana address, and you will get an idea.

10. jazzleader

Sep 14, 2012
    I can answer the inverter part...Pilot has a 300watt $19.00 so long as U have a cigarette lighter plug (included)to plug into the plug no problem..They said that in orientation...Only the new Cascadias are a piece of junk..They were more of them in the shop than any of the old SMX international 9400s or the new ProStars & Breakdown is impossible to get a hold of when stuck on the road..Getting Preplan b4 unloaded is not always a good thing,I had 2 spend da night at the shipper but I got loaded...and oh yeah 2 mo things U better off w/an old 9400 that goes 65mph w/o DEF or a ProStar (also w/o DEF) Cascadias run 62mph try running them fm Texas to California w/those grades under a load? OMG!!!! As well as the tarp pay sucks like BV says..Don't let da Driver Manager run 2 da point U either run out of hrs or U go into log book violations or both...As 4 da copper run she mentioned because of one idiot letting people know what U got on trl & getting screwed by othe trucking companies missing da same ld unless U riding w/a trainer running double U have 2 run w/another truck & don't get paid anymore than any other load..U be better off going somewhere else..because they'll get U screwed up if U have 2 pay bills at home & not getting home 4 important thing U believe are important...You'll never get a raise in pay & you're always get sent if ur flatbed 35miles into nowhere to p/u ur load & time 4 strapping down & tarping da load where's ur hrs? If U work hard & is expierenced U should be paid more...Western don't think so..they think it's smart by no longer having APU's in da truck & waiting till U get 2 a terminal 2 wash ur truck...U know if DOT sees a dirty truck what's da 1st thing they'll do...& the weigh station are not by federal law incl the weight of da APU because it's a EPA approved energy saving device...but telling it 2 Paul Weick who took charge when da founder Wayne died a yr ago...Anyway Good Luck & good News in da Future!!!!

11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Them old blue Cornfield Cadillacs used to run 72......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.