Flats to Glass

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by plentygood, Oct 1, 2016.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    So is it still good for you FND guys?

I'm otr, stay out about 2-3 months at a time and the miles aren't happening. I take hometime occasionally because why not sit at home instead of sitting for 2 days in a truckstop in NY where it's 5 degrees and IL have to idle half of the time?

I am pretty sure that I'd make more money doing flatbed going home every weekend so I'm thinking about switching to flatbed or going to Wylie.

For instance I drove a few days before New Year's until the beginning of February then took a week off at home. When I stopped driving after 6 weeks straight out I was averaging about 390 miles per day accordingly and the driver portal. After a week at home I'm down to 305 and that's driving 6 of 7 weeks this entire year. 390 a day means that I'm around 1900 miles per week staying out every day of every week because the weekends don't count it's just M-F. A flatbed driver going home every weekend would have already spent 12-14 days at home likely averaging 420+ mpd. I've been home for 1 week and average 305. Not impressed at all.
    305 mpd is about 1500 miles per week.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. h82bbad

h82bbad Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Michigan/ Chattanooga Tn
    Still good on FND. Had a few slow weeks but it's picked back up. There will be an opening on fnd soon if not already.

4. Sureshot 58

Sureshot 58 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2021
    Southern California
    Greetings "Plentygood"
    It sounds like change will be good for you? I hope it all works out for you. As a newbie to the industry is the rest of the company ok to work for and do they treat you well?

5. h82bbad

h82bbad Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Michigan/ Chattanooga Tn
    Plenty good is still kicking it in glass! He got his million mile reward last year.
    But he isn't very pretty.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.